How I've missed my remote!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of the guys I play with bought one and it took him nearly 3 months to decide to use it and had to be persuaded by others to do so.

D

Deleted member 25575

I’ve been toying with getting one, just the cost holding me back.
Handy if your looking in the trees for a ball and if my ball is the wrong side of the green for the next tee.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
It’s true though…well it is through my eyes. Just look odd to me. Couldn’t really tell you why. And sometimes irritating as they trundle around and spin about.
See post #15. I can just imagine the first bloke to use a trolley - "Look at that stupid git wheeling his clubs round in a pram! Doesn't he look ridiculous" Drag yourselves into the 21st century everyone.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
They're not for me. Geezer I played this week had one, and while it seemed convenient that he could leave it in the fairway while he looked for his ball in the trees, then 'call it over', I do feel like he was more focused on the trolley than the next golf shot.
Can't understand that. We have white lines around the greens in the winter & it saves so much walking.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
I’ve been toying with getting one, just the cost holding me back.
Handy if your looking in the trees for a ball and if my ball is the wrong side of the green for the next tee.
Motocaddy often have used & ex display models on the website. The one I've got was used & it gave me 6½ years trouble free use before I needed a new battery & a repair.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Don't think I've ever even seen one, but I suspect that I would not particularly enjoy having one , the fewer things to go wrong the better and what do you do with the remote? I hate even having my phone about me when I play golf and stick it in my bag.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I was caddying for my Pro in the County Championship in the early 1990's.
His PP had an electric trolly, the first to be fitted with a remote stop/start.
I was unaware of this.
He left it running heading towards a steep incline by a green
How they laughed when I raced after it to save the day. :love:

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
Don't think I've ever even seen one, but I suspect that I would not particularly enjoy having one , the fewer things to go wrong the better and what do you do with the remote? I hate even having my phone about me when I play golf and stick it in my bag.
If your Forum name reflects your physical condition it would be a boon. And I almost always operate the remote from my trouser pocket. Sometimes have to explain I'm not playing with myself!

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I was caddying for my Pro in the County Championship in the early 1990's.
His PP had an electric trolly, the first to be fitted with a remote stop/start.
I was unaware of this.
He left it running heading towards a steep incline by a green
How they laughed when I raced after it to save the day. :love:
One of my mates has one. He accidentally turned it on when he was about to putt and it headed off to an adjacent pond without him noticing. All that prevented an exceedingly hilarious (and wet) recovery was a red stake…up against which his trolley stopped as the wheels kept turning…in the trolley were his wallet, his phone, and his car keys. And the pond is deep.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
If your Forum name reflects your physical condition it would be a boon. And I almost always operate the remote from my trouser pocket. Sometimes have to explain I'm not playing with myself!
It does but my pockets are clogged up with balls and tees and pencils and scorecards. I don't think my backache is worsened by a conventional electric trolley.

sunshine

Visit site

Most people seem to attach the remote with a belt clip. Just completes the look really

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Do people always hold onto their trolley when going around the course? Mine is a conventional electric trolley and I just set it off and take my hands off it, just correcting the direction when I need to. I never really get this 'handle too low' thing

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Ah remote control trolleys 😂

The world will stop turning without them

Found most users of them to be a royal pain when moving their trolley around the place

Plenty of times you see them moving a trolley around the green etc whilst someone is playing etc

But that also happens with normal trolleys

I don’t ever see the need for a remote control trolley but each to their own - the new trolleys from Motocaddy are decent and handle at the right height to not cause strain on the back

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
There was one behind us this morning...guy was showing it off this mate.
It was about 30 yards in front of him when one wheel went down a hoke and the whole thing tipped over...
What?
Smile?
Snigger?
Me?