Best Remote Controlled Trolley/Does any electric trolley manufacturer cater for tall golfers?

scottac20

Club Champion
Visit site
I've had back issues for the last 3 years and I'm really struggling to get a full 18 in whenever I manage to get a game. One problem I'm having is that I have an electric trolley, but I'm 6ft4 and the handle only comes halfway up my thigh - so whenever I'm holding it its putting strain on my back. I've had a look at all of the various models in the shops and it seem that the trolley manufactures don't really cater for tall golfers! I have to admit that I've always viewed remote trolleys a bit like iron-covers but if I can get over my own (I realise, bloody stupid!) views, I think a remote trolley is going to give me the best chance of getting more golf in. I was looking at either the M7 GPS or RX1 to get the integrated GPS, but there seems to be zero stock anywhere. I stumbled across the GM review of the Stewart Vertx Remote and I'm now thinking that may be a good option. I wondered if anyone had any experience they can share of the various remote trolley manufacturers, or if anyones come across a normal electric trolley that's around belly-button height for very tall golfers?

RichA

Visit site
I'm 6'2" and have a GoKart electric trolley. The handle is hip height for me, which is perfect.
Belly button height would be weird - you'd look like a toddler.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I struggled at 6’2”! I now have a Stewart golf x9 follow. Its handle is low but I only use it for around ponds and paths. The rest of the time is the remote or follow mode. You’d find the follow function great in the rain as you can walk with your umbrella in hand Instead of ducking under an umbrella in a holder that isn’t quite high e enough.

youll get them second hand on golf bidder. Full manufacturer refurb with new battery.

Maninblack4612

Tour Winner
www.camera-angles.co.uk
My S7 has performed faultlessly since I had it repaired under warranty a couple of weeks after I bought it. Got it direct from Motocaddy as a little used model. It turned out to have a switch fault that wasn't immediately obvious. Once repaired, it has been perfect. I'm sure you'd be happy with the M7.

As far as using one is concerned, I wouldn't be without mine. Walking around stooping all the time, which I see most people doing, really does become uncomfortable. I'm sure you will feel a great benefit. Keep an eye on the Motocaddy website, they often have used /refurbished models at attractive prices.

richbeech

Hacker
Visit site
I had the Vertex trolley 6 weeks ago. It's my first remote control trolley. I was apprehensive about having one because of the stigma that comes with them and the (friendly) stick I might get from my friends. However I realise now that was stupid and I wish I had got one sooner, although I don't personally think there's been an electric trolley out previously that's as nice as the new Vertex.

The new wheels and branding on the trolley make it look very cool and easy on the eye. Functionality wise it's absolutely superb. It's very very stable, the remote control will work from literally a mile away, much further than you'll ever need to use it, but it's nice to know its capability. The motor is super smooth and quiet and it never changes speed when going up/down hills. The new 45 hole battery really is brilliant - it'll do 72 holes if you really want it to.

The handle can feel a little flimsy considering how much it costs but providing you aren't trying to pull and yank the trolley around by it it's fine. Stewart themselves advise not to lift and manoeuvre the trolley around by the handle and only use it to lift the front end when going up kerbs etc.

Price wise it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It's still expensive don't get me wrong, but it's much cheaper than the Q or X10 models. It's actually only fractionally more expensive than the M7 GPS you mentioned. It doesn't have GPS of course but I believe it's a better remote trolley than the M7. A friend who's had an M7 and Stewart trollies in the past say that the rotating front wheel on the M7 makes it veer off course more easily whereas the fixed wheels on the Stewart make it drive much straighter with less alterations required.

If you've got the money to spend on a trolley in this price bracket I highly highly recommend it.