Compact electric trolleys

Daff

Hacker
Visit site
Hi all

I've had a search of the forum and found some good advice on trolleys, but I just wanted to ask a specific question, particularly for those that actually use electric trolleys

I'm looking to get a compact trolley for my daughter to use this season. It needs to be have a fairly small form factor as I'll be lugging quite a bit in the car (particularly when we head up to Scotland to play in the US Kids European Champs in May).

The Powakaddy CT6 seems to be the most compact, followed by the Motocaddy M1, but I'm also intrigued by the Go Kart. I had one of the original, original versions way back when I played a lot more golf and recall it being a little cumbersome to fold and not compact (the trolley was great, but the battery used to be used to hold the two halves in place). The newer version on their website seems slicker and more compact, particularly if the wheels are removed.

Any other models that fold up small? The MGI?

Thanks for your help

Albo

Visit site
I have the M1, it folds down fairly small but not all that small, I used to have a Go Kart but the build quality wasn’t great on the one I had, their customer service experience was amazing 10/10, but see when you’ve used that customer service 4 or 5 times it doesn’t matter how good they are at resolving issues!! I may have just had a rubbish one I’ve heard loads of good things about Go Kart, maybe mine was built on a Friday afternoon following a long lunch for the factor workers?!
From memory the Go Kart was a little bigger than the M1

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have the Mk.1 GoKart and still very happy with it. The Mk.2 folding mechanism is better and doesn't rely on the battery to keep it upright.
But, the basic fold-down shape is pretty much the same so probably not what you're looking for. I don't know about the compact units as I'm sure there are some on here who can assist. I have heard variable reviews about their reliability and build quality (fragile clips) but best to ask the users.
Also, ask the manufacturers what the actual folded dimensions are.

Daff

Hacker
Visit site
I have the Mk.1 GoKart and still very happy with it. The Mk.2 folding mechanism is better and doesn't rely on the battery to keep it upright.
But, the basic fold-down shape is pretty much the same so probably not what you're looking for. I don't know about the compact units as I'm sure there are some on here who can assist. I have heard variable reviews about their reliability and build quality (fragile clips) but best to ask the users.
Also, ask the manufacturers what the actual folded dimensions are.
Thanks Robster

I've gone onto all of the websites and noted down the dimensions when folded, etc - but I thought it really important to hear comments like you made re: new shape Go Kart and the potential fragility of some of the smaller units.

Thanks for taking the time to respond - appreciated

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I swapped my GoKart for a CT6, and the latter definitely folds down smaller. I can fit it, plus a full cart size bag diagonally in the boot of the A5 coupe without issue. Still space for shoe bag and a holdall. That wasn't the case with the GoKart, sadly, and I didn't want to either take the woods out or fold the seat each time.
It's pretty light and easy to put up/collapse.
i would recommend the trolley bag for it too, just to keep the boot clean!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
M3 Pro user here...
Trolley folds up pretty small and the wheels invert to use even less space.
Very reliable too....well over 600 rounds with it now.....

D-S

Visit site
We both have CT6s and they both plus 2 decent sized trolley bags fit comfortably into my wife’s Toyota CH-R boot. They fold up very small and the 36 hole battery is very small and light. We’ve had them for over 3 years with no issues. A bit pricey but as they fold up smaller than a lot of push trolleys and a lot more compact than our previous M3swell worth it.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We both have CT6s and they both plus 2 decent sized trolley bags fit comfortably into my wife’s Toyota CH-R boot. They fold up very small and the 36 hole battery is very small and light. We’ve had them for over 3 years with no issues. A bit pricey but as they fold up smaller than a lot of push trolleys and a lot more compact than our previous M3swell worth it.
Yes they are compact.
Also you can reverse the wheels and it makes it smaller.

Daff

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks everyone

I had a good look at everything last night and took all the comments on board. In the end I managed to pick up a Motocaddy M1 from their preowned shop. It seems to be quite well regarded and it didn't break the bank either o_O.

Thanks again