SPOTY 2021

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Every year a "token" footballer.....2 footy winners this century and none since Giggsy in '09...
Almost feels like.." don't forget to include a footballer "...:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 15344

As it always will be given its true and a fair opinion of many. But Phil, you have to remember you trot out the same counter arguments every year too !

And each years its simple

1. It’s called personality because another program was already called sports person of the year etc

2. Don’t watch it then

Why complain yearly about a program that you don’t watch

We know that BBC don’t have some sports , we know the reason why - it doesn’t change from last year.

But then the BBC this year broadcast the biggest most high profile sporting event there is

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
And each years its simple

1. It’s called personality because another program was already called sports person of the year etc

2. Don’t watch it then

Why complain yearly about a program that you don’t watch

We know that BBC don’t have some sports , we know the reason why - it doesn’t change from last year.

But then the BBC this year broadcast the biggest most high profile sporting event there is

As every year Phil - you are wrong and I will not discuss it with you

D

Deleted member 16999

If you enjoy it or are interested in the result then watch it, if you have no interest in it…don’t, not difficult is it.

Maybe the Mods could use their superpowers and merge all the annual SPOTY threads in to one and then we could see if anyone has had a change of heart.:unsure:

D

Deleted member 15344

As every year Phil - you are wrong and I will not discuss it with you

What’s exactly is wrong ?

We know that BBC don’t have the same level of sports that isn’t new news

Every year the same complaints about the program Itself or the BBC not having sports blah blah blah

Instead of just discussing the relative merits of the sports stars that have been nominated

D

Deleted member 16999

What’s exactly is wrong ?

We know that BBC don’t have the same level of sports that isn’t new news

Every year the same complaints about the program Itself or the BBC not having sports blah blah blah

Instead of just discussing the relative merits of the sports stars that have been nominated
Unless of course it’s Sterling and then you just laugh, just saying.:censored:

D

Deleted member 16999

That’s me discussing his relative merit of being nominated ?
“Sterling shone as England progressed at Euro 2020 - reaching the final of a major tournament for the first time in 55 years before losing to Italy on penalties.
The Manchester City forward scored three goals at the tournament, including the opener during England's historic win over Germany in the last 16.
Sterling was one of three England players, alongside defenders Harry Maguire and Kyle Walker, to be picked in Uefa's team of the tournament.
He also scored 10 Premier League goals during the 2020-21 season as City won the title for the third time in fourth years.”

D

Deleted member 16999

Baffling that one of the year’s most tepid sporting accolades could trigger meaningful discussion, let alone animosity!
Absolutely, Always found it entertaining while not really caring who wins, sometimes it’s easy to forget just how many sporting achievments there has been over the last 12 months, plus the Helen Rollason Award has been a great addition.

As I put before, if you don’t like, don’t watch it

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It happens every year - no idea why people have such a negative downer on it , it’s a great two hours watch for me

My post wasn’t meant to be disparaging, i enjoy it too.

But as a celebration of a year of British sport, rather than taking who wins tremendously seriously.

If I’d hit the pinnacle of my sport, I wouldn’t be too fussed whether I did or didn’t win SPOTY!