Ryder Cup 2021

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Point being Paddy has a team made up of John Rahm carrying a bunch of badly out of form players who couldn't rediscover their form when most needed.

On reflection is it not a case that many of these Euro players accrued a lot of their points in 2019, pre covid. Which is plenty of time for form to disappear.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Point being Paddy has a team made up of John Rahm carrying a bunch of badly out of form players who couldn't rediscover their form when most needed.

I genuinely feel for the European players. With no support to feed off it must be incredibly difficult to rise to the occasion. I genuinely see no way back into this - with no fans to interact with I just don’t see how the likes of Poulter in particular can get out of first gear.

The crowds and the drama make this event what it is. Sorry, but not sure I’ll be watching beyond today.

Swango1980

Visit site
Lots of aging talent who creep into the team , the yanks have all the up and coming superstars it seems ..

Johnson is their eldest no?

We have Westwood, Casey, Garcia , poulter all as important parts of our team .. maybe it's one cup too many for them
Although Garcia showed there is life in the old dog yet. Was excellent today. Casey, Westwood and Poulter very poor.

It is just so flat. No spark in the European players, never seen so many missed putts. Some home truths over dinner tonight.

Obviously gotta win both sessions tomorrow and have a great day on Sunday. Almost certain it will be the last we see of Westy, Casey and Poults in Ryder Cup. Meanwhile, McIlroy needs to sort himself out.

simsini

Visit site
I've been watching the Ryder Cup since Brookline and have never seen a European team play so poorly. Completely outplayed in every department. Honestly, McIlroy 10 down for the day! ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Scoreboard doesnt look good

Got to hand it to the us players - 20 birdies in Foursomes is just outstanding and they have spent all afternoon sinking putts whilst not many European putts have dropped

Got to hope Tommy and Hovland hang on and Rahm and Hatton get something from their match

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
They could struggle to get 5 points here :oops:

I would be still confident they can do that. I just couldnt see them not getting 3 matches in the singles. They are outgunned, but in golf you just wont lose 10 or 11 matches from 12. So assuming a half from Fleetwood now, that would still leave them having as bad a day tomorrow as today, get another 1 1/2, and get the 5 or maybe half more with 3 points from the singles. But yes, 22-6 looks about the limitm and 22 1/2 - 5 1/2 the likely outcome.

4LEX

Visit site
Scoreboard doesnt look good

Got to hand it to the us players - 20 birdies in Foursomes is just outstanding and they have spent all afternoon sinking putts whilst not many European putts have dropped

Got to hope Tommy and Hovland hang on and Rahm and Hatton get something from their match

The only hope to be honest. 5 and a half v 2 and a half after the woeful day would be a result. Fully expect a big fightback in the foursomes tomorrow morning.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I genuinely feel for the European players. With no support to feed off it must be incredibly difficult to rise to the occasion. I genuinely see no way back into this - with no fans to interact with I just don’t see how the likes of Poulter in particular can get out of first gear.

The crowds and the drama make this event what it is. Sorry, but not sure I’ll be watching beyond today.

The women managed it in the Solheim Cup.

Though I have to agree...compared to the Solheim the crowd participation does seem remarkably flat.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wonder if McIlroy will be benched for the foursomes in the morning and if Garcia is up for 36 holes tomorrow, he is badly needed.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just look through the teams

USA majority top 10 in world

Us? Hovland promising

Hatton and Fleetwood solid

Rahm world class

Rest? Hit Nd miss

Fitspatrck always looks like a local pro tohe knvkgedy

4LEX

Visit site
It'll swing back tomorrow, too much quality in the side. Harrington has some big calls to make though. A bad foursome session and it's goodnight. A good one and it's game on.