Ryder Cup 2021

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can't believe Casey is playing again. I never saw him give his partner anything...no fist bumps, no encouragement - nothing. A couple of times Wiesberger walked towards him and Casey just walked off with his caddy.

Or maybe it's just because I don't like him very much!

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I can't believe Casey is playing again. I never saw him give his partner anything...no fist bumps, no encouragement - nothing. A couple of times Wiesberger walked towards him and Casey just walked off with his caddy.

He is an arrogant knob

Boomy

Visit site

Agreed, can’t believe he’s out again although our choices are limited! Hatton will have a sore back carrying him round! Casey is as dull as dishwater, he’s not a team player in my opinion - although Hatton effing and jeffing at him might liven him up a bit ?

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
They didn’t play too badly at all… they just putted really badly and the USA team putted well.

I agree. It does irk me a little when I see Tommy using that putting style of his.
No wonder he misses so many short ones. How can you swing very short and keep on line with that grip ?
While the team is over there , perhaps they need to talk to / try L A B putters which allegedly eliminates torque??? ( TIC)

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The only professional I've met that is as arrogant as Casey is Paul Way.
What an absolute bellend he was.
Would walk off the green and go to the next tee before his opponent had finished putting.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Commentators wind me up .
“ it will suit Europe because it’s windy”
Don’t they know they have wind in the USA?
Home advantage is massive, and they just putted better.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Terrible day for Team Europe and this will be a Ryder Cup to forget unless they get it together today. Bare minimum they can't afford to lose either session or Sunday will be academic. Could get embarrassing.

Longer term it's looking worrying with so many European stalwarts on the way out or already gone and not many obvious candidates ready to replace them. Meanwhile the USA have massive strength in depth.
I'm playing this afternoon, I just hope it's not all decided before I get in the clubhouse.

I am however working on the assumption that they can't be as bad as yesterday and consequently all will be well as they give themselves a fighting chance.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Yeah I’m not a fan.
Not really a fan of Hatton or Poulter either tbh ?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I've also glossed over this years RC. What with Harrington as Captain and some of his choices I don't see anything but a big loss.

evemccc

Visit site
Captain Birdseye could’ve done better than Faldo

Go through the data; none of Faldo’s big players performed as they should have — ie they played extremely poorly

His picks were better than his automatic qualifiers, and better than many of Captains picks

And he was an Away captain. Just like Harrington is

Golfnut1957

Visit site
So what are the predictions for this mornings foursomes, could be 3-1 to the US again worryingly
Can the Spanish duo keep up the pace, with a fresh Garcia, probably.
Can Fitzpatrick play any worse or Westy putter any worse, hopefully not, slim chance.
Can Victor and Burnt give us an insight into the future, I think the young guns can surprise us all.
Can Tyrell carry Casey without losing his temper. He's done a pretty good job so far of keeping it in check, but I think this may be a bridge too far.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Go through the data; none of Faldo’s big players performed as they should have — ie they played extremely poorly

His picks were better than his automatic qualifiers, and better than many of Captains picks

And he was an Away captain. Just like Harrington is
The problem with team Faldo was that it was all about him. His presentation at the opening ceremony was cringe worthy and set the tone for one of the most inept performances by a captain anytime, anywhere.
He was completely out worked, outflanked and out thought by Azinger.

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Score doesn't surprise me to be honest. Too many players in very average form and in my humble opinion some wrong pairings,especially Poulter/McIlroy. One drives it an average of 320, the other 285. Hands up who wants to hit their approaches an extra 35 yards than usual round a 7300 yard course? Rory should have gone with someone who drove it a similar distance but hits better iron approaches. I'd have picked Hatton.

That said golf is funny and it only takes a few good putts and things can turn around. I wouldn't put much money on it, but you never know...

Today... I'd have split Garcia and Rahm up on the basis that they're both playing very well and you're diluting your chances of getting the extra points required by playing them together for just the one. Plus you're in effect strengthening two other pairings. It's a risk but down by 4 shots needs one or two.