Ryder Cup 2021

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
If the Europe singles revival doesn’t come off I’d like:

- DJ to go 5-0-0

- Wiesberger to beat/annihilate Brooksy

-Westwood and Poulter to sign off with a point

- Hatton to beat JT and, as much as I normally like Thomas, ‘chug’ a can of Red Stripe before shaking hands

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
How are the singles opponents chosen? Is it just a case of the captains picking their teams order and then who you play against is random?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
There’s no way Harrington put Rory out first,Rorys asked to go out first,and fair play to Rory for stepping up especially after his performances,he must feel he has something to prove to himself and his team (which of course he has.
After Lowrys heroics yesterday I think he will be shot mentally.
Brilliant performance from him.
Just feel looking at the draw we can’t win especially the back end we look very vulnerable.

pool888

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Need to win the first 5 (which is unlikely but not impossible giving the pairings) then hope the US collapse under the pressure of a comeback. However even if we did somehow win the first 5 I just can't see the quality coming behind them to complete the job. The bookies have the US at 1/50 to win, which is probably about right.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
There’s no way Harrington put Rory out first,Rorys asked to go out first,and fair play to Rory for stepping up especially after his performances,he must feel he has something to prove to himself and his team (which of course he has.
After Lowrys heroics yesterday I think he will be shot mentally.
Brilliant performance from him.
Just feel looking at the draw we can’t win especially the back end we look very vulnerable.

He wants to get home early, he looks as if he'd rather be anywhere than playing golf.

If the result was based on waist measurements Europe would win easily...

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Some people in various online articles referencing medinah and the comeback then, I don't think it compares to it.
A big difference this time I think is the quality of how European team are playing.
At medinah they were losing foursomes & fourballs but the quality of play was high and games were tight. This time the Americas haven't even needed to be at their best to edge out some games
I'm afraid the result could be wrapped up very early today