Random Irritations

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
W
While you have my sympathy and I am sure it's painful, your time there was a complete waste of Accident & Emergency staffs time. Something you could have seen your GP for and got a referral from there. And we wonder why A&E wait times are so bad when people go there with non Accidents or Emergencies. It's not like the clue is not in the name!!
It's a 3 week wait for a doctors appointment if you can get a face to face, mostly phone appointments, . Seeming our doctors were working from home up till last week.
BTW I had an accident and injured my knee, was in agony and could hardly walk.
I didn't know what the problem was, it could've been a sprain or even dislocated, it was an emergency for me.
And there was only 3 people waiting in front of me, so not exactly mobbed with patients.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
W

It's a 3 week wait for a doctors appointment if you can get a face to face, mostly phone appointments, . Seeming our doctors were working from home up till last week.
BTW I had an accident and injured my knee, was in agony and could hardly walk.
I didn't know what the problem was, it could've been a sprain or even dislocated, it was an emergency for me.
And there was only 3 people waiting in front of me, so not exactly mobbed with patients.

Having dislocated my knee, youd have been a lot worse than "could hardly walk" lol

D

Deleted member 3432

Very simple.

All the established roll-ups have kept their regular slots (albeit reduced) but anyone can put their name down to play with them. The phone numbers of the organisers are published on every weekly newsletter on the club website.

The one I sometimes play in now has less slots than people wanting to play, at the set time each week people say on the the WhatsApp group if they want to play, once the deadline comes a couple of days later, if it's oversubscribed priority is given to those who have played in the roll up most during the past 12 months and everyone else goes on the reserve list.

I've only played a few times so I'd probably get culled, but it's a very fair way of doing it.
Not so good if you are a new member and want to get involved...

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having dislocated my knee, youd have been a lot worse than "could hardly walk" lol
I once shattered my right kneecap and tore tendons (or ligaments - Can't remember) underneath. The coach made me play the entire first half as we had no subs. He only let me leave and go to hospital when bits of bone started poking through the skin.. Try getting kids to do that now eh! ;)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I once shattered my right kneecap and tore tendons (or ligaments - Can't remember) underneath. The coach made me play the entire first half as we had no subs. He only let me leave and go to hospital when bits of bone started poking through the skin.. Try getting kids to do that now eh! ;)

Definitely harder than me, looked down to see my kneecap wasnt where it should be and woke up about 15 mins later in the back of an ambulance lol

D

Deleted member 3432

Quite the opposite, it's absolutely perfect if you are a new member and want to get involved. I was new this year and got in all summer whenever I wanted (48 slots) and this weekend (36).
There are 3 roll ups on Saturday and 2 on Sunday so you can try the less busy ones if your 1st choice isn't available, aswell as a few others during the week, including 2 ladies.

Sounds like you are unlikely to get a game at the weekend unless you are in a roll up :eek:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
If you are very low paid and claiming Universal Credit, any Christmas bonus your employer might give you will probably be effectively taxed at 63%...your slightly better paid colleague not on UC, will have the same bonus taxed at 20%...that's fair...funny old world we live in...

btw - this is simply a reality - a fact of life for many...

Last edited:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
If you are low-paid and claiming Universal Credit any Christmas bonus your employer might give you is effectively taxed at 63%...your relatively low-paid but still better off colleague not on UC has it taxed at 20%...that's fair...funny old world we live in...

effectively taxed not actually taxed, sounds very unfair the way you present the headline percentages, maybe present the whole numbers so that people can actually judge though

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
effectively taxed not actually taxed, sounds very unfair the way you present the headline percentages, maybe present the whole numbers so that people can actually judge though
what are they then...happy to be corrected. On UC bonus is counted as income - and for all income you lose 63p in the £ from your UC? If you are paying tax on income at 20% then your bonus will be taxed at 20%

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can women play in the weekend roll ups or just the 2 midweek ones?

Just to jump on at how things are at our club, which may be pretty typical. The Seniors (men only allowed) would usually roll up on a Mon/Wed/Fri. Now they start early at about 8am BUT go off the 1st and 9th so pretty much block the course off most of the morning. The weekend roll ups tend to be men only although I know of one on a Saturday where a couple of ladies play. I've been in the clubhouse on a Saturday afternoon and not a place I'd want to hang around too long as lots of loud blokes effing and jeffing and generally not an atmosphere I enjoy.

So as a 7 day member, prior to Covid enforced tee bookings, there are 5 days of the week where deciding when to play is tricky and limited.

Long live tee bookings for me :)