Random Irritations

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Im with you, but...
We have a mix. One or two don't have a smart phone (don't need 'em, don't trust 'em). One produces a cheque every week followed by "Anyone got a pen?"
One club won't accept cash, only bank transfer. That entails me still collecting cash, paying it into our Office and they transfer it!!
Even thats easier than chasing individual bank transfers.
It's all part of the fun really.
One guy yesterday handed me a tenner and an absolute pile of shrapnel. That swiftly became the change for someone with a £20 😎
We have a £3 per man Saturday roll up and they all know to bring cash. No payment no prize. Every week I put a whatsapp to the group telling who has handicap cuts (we cut 2 shots for the winner x the next three times they play and 1 shot for second) and every week I ask them to bring cash. Every week they pile up wit £10 and £20 notes and expect me to have shed loads of change

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
All of this is one of the main reasons I don't play roll-ups. I'd have to be regularly getting out a tenner and buying something pointless in the shop just to get 2 or 3 quid in coins, and who can be arsed with that? :LOL:

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
All of this is one of the main reasons I don't play roll-ups. I'd have to be regularly getting out a tenner and buying something pointless in the shop just to get 2 or 3 quid in coins, and who can be arsed with that? :LOL:
How difficult is it to go to the bank/post office and withdraw money in coins and then put the cash straight in your golf bag so it is ready for when you play?

PaulMdj

Visit site
Get to the bank or wherever and keep the change in your Golf bag and pay what’s required when needed, it isn’t difficult.🤷‍♂️

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Easiest thing is to buy Drink in the pro shop with cash and be left with change - I do it a few times a month to give me some pound coins to use , same when paying for 2’s entry - pay with £10 and get the change back

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Is that a joke? Because you just described something that sounds like an enormous faff and a waste of time to me. :LOL:
So you never visit anywhere that is near a bank/post office so you can take a couple of minutes to get some loose change? I think you are just making excuses not to do something because you can't be bothered

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So you never visit anywhere that is near a bank/post office so you can take a couple of minutes to get some loose change? I think you are just making excuses not to do something because you can't be bothered
Who the hell GOES to a BANK? My bank is on my phone. I don't even know where there is a bank.

Can the money not just be sent by phone on one of the many payment apps.
This is the way forward! Take me to the roll-up where I can just tap my phone to pay the entry.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Who the hell GOES to a BANK? My bank is on my phone. I don't even know where there is a bank.

This is the way forward! Take me to the roll-up where I can just tap my phone to pay the entry.
So, what you are saying (similar to dress codes) is you don't like so expect everyone to change to your way? ;)

PaulMdj

Visit site

And then at the end of the roll up let the guy who has took payment start tapping all the winners phones!😂😂

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Is getting 'cashback' at the checkout still a thing in the UK ?
Don’t think so - but can’t recall ever need to use it

Think I only get cash out around £30 at the beginning of the month and that lasts for swindle entries etc

Will pop to the cashpoint which is at the shop I go to every day if I need more for a club match etc

PaulMdj

Visit site
Don’t think so - but can’t recall ever need to use it

Think I only get cash out around £30 at the beginning of the month and that lasts for swindle entries etc

Will pop to the cashpoint which is at the shop I go to every day if I need more for a club match etc
It’s still a thing at self service tills in Asda, Sainsbury’s etc.