Random Irritations

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I was in Canada in the summer. They have a lot of unmarked junctions over there. Whoever arrives first, gets to go, the rest go in order. It's very unnerving for a Brit, never really got used to it. It depends on both courtesy and also a fear of crashing. I don't think it would work over here on any scale, too many drivers are just too aggressive.
We were in LA two weeks ago and although the freeway is a bit scary (as they overtake both sides), they also have a lot of Stop junctions where it's the same, in that if you arrived first, you could go. As you said, it would never work here.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Well looks like it’s properly kicked off in the Middle East and Iran has got involved now - the poop has hit the fan

I watched “One Life,” the Sir Nicolas Winton story this morning. He was a stock broker/ banker before World War II who arranged the Kinder Transport out of Czechoslovakia, predominantly Jewish children. Many may remember the That’s Life programme about him. For those that aren’t’ aware have a look at the brief YouTube video. Have tissues next to you.

Who is saving the children in Gaza?

Who is saving the children in southern Lebanon?

Who is saving the children in the Yemen?

And who will save the children of Israel when the surrounding countries come calling?

I have my own views on what’s going on but it’s too political to post…

But who is saving the children?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
More breaks your heart than irritating.. although it is the latter

Eldest twin got unsettled in July by leaving nursery , she gets up every night to get in bed with the wife. We would have battled sooner but it wakes her twin. So for her we lived with it

We are now battling to get her to sleep again without one of us laying with her. Yesterday night one took an hour

Tonight is just daddy and it's 30 mins of crying in ATM.

Eldest due back from brownies any min. Hopefully this one drops off soon..bless her

Dunno how her sister falls asleep in the room with her moaning away

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
I watched “One Life,” the Sir Nicolas Winton story this morning. He was a stock broker/ banker before World War II who arranged the Kinder Transport out of Czechoslovakia, predominantly Jewish children. Many may remember the That’s Life programme about him. For those that aren’t’ aware have a look at the brief YouTube video. Have tissues next to you.

Who is saving the children in Gaza?

Who is saving the children in southern Lebanon?

Who is saving the children in the Yemen?

And who will save the children of Israel when the surrounding countries come calling?

I have my own views on what’s going on but it’s too political to post…

But who is saving the children?

Unfortunately as with many times in years gone by they don’t care about the innocents and the children

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Iran was behind 7th October and subsequent events. I said this to someone this week who replied,
"What happened on 7th October?"

That's a function of the coverage.

What's even more shocking is it's almost a year already!! With no sign of letting up

Just look at Russia that's been years now

Horrible times

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If Ukraine lose their funding in November then they will have no choice but to negotiate.

The Middle East problem is not solvable though.
I agree about the middle east but there has to be some form of diplomatic intervention if only to allow a temporary ceasefire to allow innocent people to escape to safe areas and aid to get in. There has always been tension and no side is ever going to back down

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I agree about the middle east but there has to be some form of diplomatic intervention if only to allow a temporary ceasefire to allow innocent people to escape to safe areas and aid to get in. There has always been tension and no side is ever going to back down
Agree but at the moment neither side is listening to reason. Scary as both sides are nuclear powers.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Agree but at the moment neither side is listening to reason. Scary as both sides are nuclear powers.
Indeed. Iran are hardly known for their rationale and stability either. The fact that US and British forces helped down some of the missiles isn't going to help although it was a fantastic job to intercept so many

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Old threads getting restarted. Sometimes feel like the forum could do with one of those ‘select all the squares with a traffic light’ before folk could post

(but instead of pic of traffic junction it’d be a pic from a golf course and 'select all the squares where you get free relief') :sneaky:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Old threads getting restarted. Sometimes feel like the forum could do with one of those ‘select all the squares with a traffic light’ before folk could post

(but instead of pic of traffic junction it’d be a pic from a golf course and 'select all the squares where you get free relief') :sneaky:
Been some real blasts from the past recently and so funny looking at the original posters who aren't here or are back under different pseudonyms