Random Irritations

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Lol 🤣 considering the older generation moan about "snowflakes" and get all offended by these warnings I think both generations are pretty much the same.
I am not offended by these warnings, it’s an “irritations” thread, and I think the term “warning” is a bit over the top.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lead based paint
Drinking out of the hose pipe
Sharing drinks with your mates

The list could go on and on but somehow we all survived these things

Yet the old government safety adverts that used to scare people off train crossings were a thing back then 🤔

Almost like every generation learns from the previous as some kind of progress

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
The warning at the head of the article about Bobby Locke on the BBC Sport page…..

Tom English
BBC Scotland's chief sports writer

• Published
      16 July 2024
Warning: This article includes reference to alcoholism, domestic violence and suicide.

When Bobby Locke coined his immortal phrase "drive for show, putt for dough", it was just another flag the great South African planted in the story of golf.
On warnings such as that above (warnings that are not about attitudes that are now considered outdated) much is now understood about psychological triggering.

So portrayals or references to such as alcoholism can be dangerous for recovering alcoholics and can trigger relapse; similarly those who have experienced or suffered domestics violence can have terrible memories brought back to the surface, and those with suicidal tendencies or who have contemplated or had the pain of experiencing it by someone close can struggle to cope.

It’s dead easy to poo-poo such warnings, even find them irritating, as they might seem sooo nanny state…but please just a moments serious thought about why they are given…👍

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rubber bullets, water cannons and riot police ................................ where were they?
Probably not permitted anymore as it'll, no doubt, infringe the rioters human rights!!
If you throw a brick at a policeman for no reason you should .......................... oh, it doesn't matter.