Random Irritations

venger

Visit site
At a funeral for a member of She Who Must Be Obeyed family and having to spend most of the time explaining to relatives that she hasn’t seen for a while what’s happened to her husband and who is the new man you’re with.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
The warning at the head of the article about Bobby Locke on the BBC Sport page…..

Tom English
BBC Scotland's chief sports writer

• Published
      16 July 2024
Warning: This article includes reference to alcoholism, domestic violence and suicide.

When Bobby Locke coined his immortal phrase "drive for show, putt for dough", it was just another flag the great South African planted in the story of golf.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The warning at the head of the article about Bobby Locke on the BBC Sport page…..

Tom English

• Published
      16 July 2024
Warning: This article includes reference to alcoholism, domestic violence and suicide.

When Bobby Locke coined his immortal phrase "drive for show, putt for dough", it was just another flag the great South African planted in the story of golf.
Did you read the article. Talks of how he was affected after his crash and turned to drink and was violent to his family and the tragic end for his wife and daughter

simsini

Visit site

Tom English

• Published
      16 July 2024

It's like watching a film on Sky Cinema. Everything has trigger warnings before the start. Apparently Aladdin has outdated attitudes, but it was only made in 2019.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Since when did people need these type of warnings at all?

Quite simply we live now in more enlightened times where we know past behaviours aren't really acceptable now but we don't wash over the past we put information out to just warn things in here may cause upset.

Real non issue.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Younger people are far less resilient than previous generations. Far more likely to take offence…The TV companies just put that sort of thing up to let them know. 👍

Lol 🤣 considering the older generation moan about "snowflakes" and get all offended by these warnings I think both generations are pretty much the same.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Lol 🤣 considering the older generation moan about "snowflakes" and get all offended by these warnings I think both generations are pretty much the same.

I don’t think they’re aimed at any generation. It backside covering to stave off complaints or litigation.

“I wish to make a complaint.”
“Sorry, but you were warned.”

“I burnt my mouth on the coffee.”
“Sorry but there’s a warning about hot liquids.”