Random Irritations

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Finding a tradie that's not too busy.

Kitchen is getting installed in two weeks and I've got nobody to disconnect the gas oven.
This all day long. Facebook may be your best bet asking for someone to disconnect oven.
Been a royal PITA To get carpet fitter, plasterers and plumbers lined up.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finding a tradie that's not too busy.

Kitchen is getting installed in two weeks and I've got nobody to disconnect the gas oven.
Are you talking gas cooker, gas oven or gas hob?
You do know it's not illegal to touch your own gas system.
If its just a gas hob (with an elecyric oven below it) you could try removing the oven and seeing if there is a gas cock inline to the hob. If there is, you couldturn the gas off, and either cut the pipe after it or undo the union after the cock and put a blanking fitting on the open end. You would only need some BossWhite paste or similar.
Thats what I would do of course, and the advise is free and without suggestion gas isnt possibly dangerous without correct working methods.:)

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Are you talking gas cooker, gas oven or gas hob?
You do know it's not illegal to touch your own gas system.
If its just a gas hob (with an elecyric oven below it) you could try removing the oven and seeing if there is a gas cock inline to the hob. If there is, you couldturn the gas off, and either cut the pipe after it or undo the union after the cock and put a blanking fitting on the open end. You would only need some BossWhite paste or similar.
Thats what I would do of course, and the advise is free and without suggestion gas isnt possibly dangerous without correct working methods.:)

I'm nowhere near competent enough to try any of that, thankfully for the family I know my limitations. Thanks for the advice though 👍🏾

Tashyboy

Visit site
Seven days after onset of Covid-19 symptoms I’m now feeling fine (was feeling totally eeugh) but still testing +ve…🙁
Missis T was saying a couple of days ago. She knows of 3 people who have contracted Pneumonia in the last couple of weeks having had a lengthy cough. And they thought initially it could be Covid. 😳

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Missis T was saying a couple of days ago. She knows of 3 people who have contracted Pneumonia in the last couple of weeks having had a lengthy cough. And they thought initially it could be Covid. 😳
The wife and myself had the cocugh, sore throat, sticky eye, sinus pain for 6 or 7 weeks each.
We both were testing for covid to start with but negative every time, then when she had to go into hospital and onto intravenus antibiotics it went for her.
I then did a 111 as no chance of seeing my own doctor, and were prescribed a weeks course of strong anitbiotics myself and now I am more or less clear of it.
Whatever it was, it wasn't nice.

Tashyboy

Visit site
The wife and myself had the cocugh, sore throat, sticky eye, sinus pain for 6 or 7 weeks each.
We both were testing for covid to start with but negative every time, then when she had to go into hospital and onto intravenus antibiotics it went for her.
I then did a 111 as no chance of seeing my own doctor, and were prescribed a weeks course of strong anitbiotics myself and now I am more or less clear of it.
Whatever it was, it wasn't nice.
Cannot really put a thumbs up to say like your post but I know what you mean. Sis in law is now on the mend from Pneumonia. Thing is she is as fit as a butchers dog.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Driving home through a busy Salisbury yesterday evening and the idiot on a motorbike doing wheelies and weaving in and out of the slow moving traffic. Absolute bell end, and he was only wearing shorts and a T-shirt. One day he’ll get it all wrong and some poor unfortunate emergency worker is going to have to scrape him off the road. 🤬

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Driving home through a busy Salisbury yesterday evening and the idiot on a motorbike doing wheelies and weaving in and out of the slow moving traffic. Absolute bell end, and he was only wearing shorts and a T-shirt. One day he’ll get it all wrong and some poor unfortunate emergency worker is going to have to scrape him off the road. 🤬
Two scrotes on electric bikes were doing it though faster moving traffic on Friday on my way home. All in black with faces covered as well.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Novak Djokovic, what a tart.

At the time he looked like a premiership footballer. It may have hurt and must have been a shock BUT to use it as an excuse for his performance yesterday is a joke. You could tell he just wanted out when he lost the first set. He rushed every serve - usual 20 bounces were about 5 and the shot clock never close to being pushed!

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
At the time he looked like a premiership footballer. It may have hurt and must have been a shock BUT to use it as an excuse for his performance yesterday is a joke. You could tell he just wanted out when he lost the first set. He rushed every serve - usual 20 bounces were about 5 and the shot clock never close to being pushed!

On Saturday a slab of wood fell off the top drying rack in my workshop and landed square on the top of my dome. It was nothing more than a brisk rubbing of my scalp and a few expletives.

He went down like a sniper had got him, even a premier league footballer would be saying “jeez, that was a bit much…”

If he’s getting nausea and dizziness from that, I’d suggest something underlying because that’s not going to cause it.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
On Saturday a slab of wood fell off the top drying rack in my workshop and landed square on the top of my dome. It was nothing more than a brisk rubbing of my scalp and a few expletives.

He went down like a sniper had got him, even a premier league footballer would be saying “jeez, that was a bit much…”

If he’s getting nausea and dizziness from that, I’d suggest something underlying because that’s not going to cause it.

Maybe he's got Covid :oops: