Random Irritations

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
C’mon guys, it’s been a decent debate in the footie thread. If it’s not something you’re interested in scroll on by or offer an alternative.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
On Saturday a slab of wood fell off the top drying rack in my workshop and landed square on the top of my dome. It was nothing more than a brisk rubbing of my scalp and a few expletives.

He went down like a sniper had got him, even a premier league footballer would be saying “jeez, that was a bit much…”

If he’s getting nausea and dizziness from that, I’d suggest something underlying because that’s not going to cause it.

Covid. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Or more, why we as the UK pay for it the thing.
Lets just pull out and let them get on with it. We have better things to spend our money on.
What we should do is not enter it but still show it on BBC 8. And I used to be a big fan. This years effort was shockingly bad. The BBC presenters are shite at it also.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What we should do is not enter it but still show it on BBC 8. And I used to be a big fan. This years effort was shockingly bad. The BBC presenters are shite at it also.
But we would still be paying for it….and we shouldn’t. It’s always been the same voting for your best friend/neighbour but those countries do not pay into the pot

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
But we would still be paying for it….and we shouldn’t. It’s always been the same voting for your best friend/neighbour but those countries do not pay into the pot

for some reason over the years millions have watched for multiple reasons from enjoying the show to laughing at the acts and then laughing at the voting

Even back in the 80’s neighbours voted for each and it was funny

I don’t think many take it serious now but it’s a bit of light entertainment during a world surrounded by negativity and doom

The viewing figures dropped this year but still 8mil watched it

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Funny how we always blame neighbour voting and the fact no one likes us when we do poorly, but when we put someone with actual talent in for it (Sam Ryder) he near enough won the thing, but for a pity vote for Ukraine. Maybe we just shouldn't bother entering if we can't get anyone good to do it.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Funny how we always blame neighbour voting and the fact no one likes us when we do poorly, but when we put someone with actual talent in for it (Sam Ryder) he near enough won the thing, but for a pity vote for Ukraine. Maybe we just shouldn't bother entering if we can't get anyone good to do it.
I'll be honest, I think that we got more votes that year as a result of our support for Ukraine. It's all political now anyway. I haven't watched it for years. I have no idea why we continue to fund it just to be humiliated.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll be honest, I think that we got more votes that year as a result of our support for Ukraine. It's all political now anyway. I haven't watched it for years. I have no idea why we continue to fund it just to be humiliated.

Agreed, but also as it was a given Ukraine would win countries could vote for Sam in the safe knowledge the UK wouldn't actually win...