Random Irritations

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m sure there’d be a public outcry if there was a major incident and there was no guard on a train. There might be pay as part of the issue but it’s often been said that driver only trains is a large part of the argument.

As for the argument between public ‘v’ private ownership, Renfe the Spanish rail operator was sold by the Spanish govt. Big piece in the local English paper recently that fares have dropped by 40% since the sale. It very much depends on how powerful the regulatory body is and the criteria in the licence for inward investment BEFORE paying out dividends.

Unfortunately too much greed is part of the sale of our assets in Britain.

Tssa did an excellent video on railway ownership,

I don't think it's too political, infact I don't think it is, just shows how bad deals we have struck

RichA

Visit site
I’m sure there’d be a public outcry if there was a major incident and there was no guard on a train. There might be pay as part of the issue but it’s often been said that driver only trains is a large part of the argument.

As for the argument between public ‘v’ private ownership, Renfe the Spanish rail operator was sold by the Spanish govt. Big piece in the local English paper recently that fares have dropped by 40% since the sale. It very much depends on how powerful the regulatory body is and the criteria in the licence for inward investment BEFORE paying out dividends.
The 12 carriage train I use for my daily commute has been driver only for many years.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Irritation of the year:

When you start a new job and they drop a new company car list the same day …. All bloody EV’s!

I can understand your irritation, however if you need any assistance in picking one that will suit your needs best feel free to post the list in the EV thread , might aswell make the most of the situation.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The couple who run the village pub have put their notice in, apparently the brewery want to turn it into a bistro.
Gutted, they've done a great job over the last 3 years and have become part of the family rather than just those two who run the pub.
Really not sure what the brewery are thinking, they've obviously never visited the place as a bistro will be a disaster for them 🤦‍♂️

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
What the hell happened??? Did something hit it or did it happen from the inside

Got a bit hot and cut out. Now switched off at the fuse board, gas main turned off and the heating engineer is coming Monday morning.

Fortunately everything but the heating and hot water runs on electric

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got a bit hot and cut out. Now switched off at the fuse board, gas main turned off and the heating engineer is coming Monday morning.

Fortunately everything but the heating and hot water runs on electric

And the heating season is begining to end at least

Cold showers for a couple days

Jezz tho, hopefully not too much £

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
My own random irritation… just got stung by a wasp in my sauna! Was just turning it on and the little bugger had made a small nest on the ceiling, went straight for me and stung me on the shoulder! 🤬