Random Irritations

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
And then 123456 to look forward to.

I also like numbers like 101010 that he can enjoy sooner.
I was lucky enough to see 234,567 on my previous car....and knowing it was coming, at 233,677, I reset the trip meter so at the moment 234,567 arrived, the trip meter completed things with 890....and then it ticked over another 0.1 for near perfection. (I think 123456 and 789.0 on the trip meter is as good as it gets but I was distracted when it came to set the trip meter!!)

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
Bin bag quality. Flimsy and tear far too easily. Got to wash out the bins more frequently because the bags rip and drop stuff. End up having to double bag
I don’t use poor quality bin bags, I’d rather use some of my rubble bags than flimsy ones that sometimes appear, makes me very grumpy so Mrs Wilson knows to buy decent ones.

RichA

Visit site
Why does stuff so often go wrong with an otherwise reliable car just after it's been in the garage for a service?
Just bad luck or do they deliberately dick about with stuff?

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Huge puddle in the fiesta spare wheel well. Just drained it out got everything drying and some rice in to absorb excess moisture.. seals around boot feel okay and not distorted.
No damage of note though so will just keep it on a regular schedule of inspection
I had that in a Fiesta back in 1988. Never could find where the water was coming from and nothing else was getting wet. I just drilled a couple of drainage holes in the wheel well.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just had an email from eBay to say they're putting up their selling fees by another 0.35%
Apparently this is "to address rising costs".
Obviously eBay must be struggling to make money.

In the year to end of Sept 2023, their revenue was $10.06 billion, and gross profit was $7.256 billion.
So the poor dears are having to survive on a meagre 72% profit margin.
My heart bleeds.
EBay was ruined when they allowed “professional” traders to peddle their wares. Used to be a good place to pick up a bargain or sell stuff you didn’t want anymore. I stopped using it about 7 years ago.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Just had an email from eBay to say they're putting up their selling fees by another 0.35%
Apparently this is "to address rising costs".
Obviously eBay must be struggling to make money.

In the year to end of Sept 2023, their revenue was $10.06 billion, and gross profit was $7.256 billion.
So the poor dears are having to survive on a meagre 72% profit margin.
My heart bleeds.
Shocking.
I'm intending to sell a few lots later this year.
eg
A set of irons for £40 plus £7.85 postage means they will be deducting an extra 16.75p from me.
That's enough to make me want to, er, shrug it off.
Ah, I've an idea.
I will up my postage charge to £8.
That'll teach 'em.

EDIT: While typing the above, I have received from Ebay a facility of zero selling fees valid for 8 weeks.
:)

Last edited:

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
£160 to see Pearl Jam at a venue that’s not even built yet.

Additional irritation - the ticket touts multiplying that figure.

RichA

Visit site
IT systems at work are 💩. Work in shared folders disappearing. Emails disappearing and reappearing in Outlook folders. Work on browser based applications disappearing, changing or refusing to save.
The Horizon stuff is making me paranoid.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
IT systems at work are 💩. Work in shared folders disappearing. Emails disappearing and reappearing in Outlook folders. Work on browser based applications disappearing, changing or refusing to save.
The Horizon stuff is making me paranoid.

I requested an external hard drive to save copies of docs etc. It was approved providing it was password protected and was kept in a locked, desk drawer.

Patster1969

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Huge puddle in the fiesta spare wheel well. Just drained it out got everything drying and some rice in to absorb excess moisture.. seals around boot feel okay and not distorted.
No damage of note though so will just keep it on a regular schedule of inspection
Have you got a sun roof, as often the sealant goes - had that on an older Clio I had previously?
Also, if you have, the drain holes can get blocked.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

My lad had exactly the same in his last car, a Corsa. Absolutely no clue where it was getting in, but apparently it was quite common on the generation car he had.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The sheer amount of times I miss a word out when typing. I'm forever going back to edit posts to put words back in that I've omitted by error. Does my head in. And I cannot ever remember to proof-read them before I hit post either.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Being tracked by devices in our homes. Hear me out as I might be about to fall into conspiracy theory territory here.

I've been looking at getting our radiators replaced and saw the thread in OOB regarding vertical radiators. I clicked on the link to Trade Radiators on my laptop and had a look through their products. I then had a conversation with Mrs Colch about radiators and getting them replaced. Since that conversation she's had two separate adverts pop up on her Facebook feed, on her phone, for radiators. We've got no linked accounts between my laptop and her IPhone so why is her phone showing her ads for radiators? Is it because the Alexa in the room we were talking in is linked to her her phone and Alexa has heard our conversation?

This is why I don't like technology. I'm an analogue kind of guy living in a digital world and I don't understand it.
I found if I search online for something ads pop up on both my phone, PC also on the wife's devices, as we use the same IP address.
Be careful what you search for, your wife will know 😆.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
The sheer amount of times I miss a word out when typing. I'm forever going back to edit posts to put words back in that I've omitted by error. Does my head in. And I cannot ever remember to proof-read them before I hit post either.
I've got a similar self-aanoying habit. When there is a word with a double leeter, I ssem to go tto early with double taaping the key.