Random Irritations

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
You clearly have no idea how private nurseries and preschools are run, so I’m not sure why you’re commenting. Either that or you have a vested interest in one.

The majority that are private are owned by people who don’t work there. They have minimum staff levels, paying minimum wage, but charging highest fees possible to maximise dividends for the owners. I’m not sure what world that’s good for children
Not all privately owned nurseries are like that.
My wife's best friend runs a childminding business.
She works her butt off to provide the service required.
She is certainly not raking in the dosh.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Not all privately owned nurseries are like that.
My wife's best friend runs a childminding business.
She works her butt off to provide the service required.
She is certainly not raking in the dosh.

My wife's cousin runs similar in Cheshire. They are regulated beyond belief, (for good reason) have well trained staff and are on site themselves virtually every day.

It's like many things. If it's such an easy license to print money, why are we all not doing it? 🤔

Last edited:

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
I might go into the local Ferrari garage and offer them £8.50 for one of their cars. The customer doesn’t dictate pricing. The market will influence it, i.e. if it’s too high there won’t be any customers, but ultimately it’s up to the business owner to decide what they want to charge.

You say the market will correct itself, and it will when it becomes too expensive. Clearly that isn’t the case yet.
The market doesn’t correct itself when there are no other options. Parents are essential held ransom.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
The market doesn’t correct itself when there are no other options. Parents are essential held ransom.

You don’t have to buy a Ferrari. Most mainstream, not exotic, dealers have similar priced cars in their range. And most towns have several nurseries.

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Dropped my missus off this morning at Glasgow Airport. Had to use their Pick Up & Drop Off facility. I was there for less than 5 minutes and was charged £5.50. That's for up to 15 minutes. Any longer than that and it's a pound a minute. I appreciate they don't want people to hang around but this is basically a gun to your head money making scheme.
Leeds Bradford much the same and no parking or stopping on any of the approach roads.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My car is about to go past 100k miles. Never had a car do that before and the excitement has been building, for me because I'm slightly sad about this. It's going to happen tomorrow, except my wife will have my car tomorrow as hers has a fault and has been booked in tomorrow at the garage near to where I work ☹. I'll be taking it in.

The extra annoying thing is that she neither cares nor will she notice. This moment will be wasted on her 🙄

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's finally stopped raining and the clouds are beginning to clear and I can see the glow from the sun again...
Just in time for the sun to go down, the temperto drop and winter to return.......God I love this place..... :ROFLMAO:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It's finally stopped raining and the clouds are beginning to clear and I can see the glow from the sun again...
Just in time for the sun to go down, the temperto drop and winter to return.......God I love this place..... :ROFLMAO:
I'm on a day off tomorrow with the hope of playing and practicing. I accept at best it'll be same as today and carry only 1-14 and 18 but the fear is it'll be too wet after another day of rain and course and practice facilities will be shut.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
My car is about to go past 100k miles. Never had a car do that before and the excitement has been building, for me because I'm slightly sad about this. It's going to happen tomorrow, except my wife will have my car tomorrow as hers has a fault and has been booked in tomorrow at the garage near to where I work ☹. I'll be taking it in.

The extra annoying thing is that she neither cares nor will she notice. This moment will be wasted on her 🙄

Haha… similar thing happened to me about 30 years ago, I borrowed a mates XR3 while he was away on holiday and clocked 100k in it. He was miffed. 😁

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

Its ok....you can look forward to 111111