Random Irritations

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The inability of the best Heavyweights in the world to actually fight each other

Not a big follower of the politics etc in this but to an untrained eye, this does not shine a great light on Tyson Fury. Twice now the boxer with the belts has looked for a unification fight and twice now Fury seems to have gone out on social meadia professing how he wants the fight and then it all falls through with unreasonable demands and deadlines. The Wilder fight only seems to have happened because he needed it to rebuild his reputation.

As I said, am no big follower of these things but that is how it comes across to me as a boxing outsider.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Not a big follower of the politics etc in this but to an untrained eye, this does not shine a great light on Tyson Fury. Twice now the boxer with the belts has looked for a unification fight and twice now Fury seems to have gone out on social meadia professing how he wants the fight and then it all falls through with unreasonable demands and deadlines. The Wilder fight only seems to have happened because he needed it to rebuild his reputation.

As I said, am no big follower of these things but that is how it comes across to me as a boxing outsider.

That's pretty much what everyone is now thinking I think mate! He shouts the loudest but its often pure garbage.

Get the feeling he's avoiding any opponent that actually threatens his unbeaten record.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Apparently one of the issues is the rematch clause. I've never understood why the losing boxer thinks they should automatically get another big payday when they lose the fight. No other sport has this.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Apparently one of the issues is the rematch clause. I've never understood why the losing boxer thinks they should automatically get another big payday when they lose the fight. No other sport has this.

I agree, they're actually really annoying.

You lose, you move on, win a couple and then fight again for the belts. Simple.

These days we end up with trilogies of boring fights just because of contracts.

venger

Visit site
Pressing the wrong button on the machine at work. Instead of a job taking 90 mins, its now going to take at least 160. No early finish today.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Unfamiliar SatNav in a hire car. Put in a destination and it wanted to take me on a 658km journey - for a trip I knew to be about 210km. For about 200km all it did was tell me I was going the wrong way, and that it was recalculating the route - but always in the wrong direction. I just assume there was something set that I didn't know about and couldn't be bothered to find that was causing it to go off-piste. But if I hear 'recalculating route' one more time ...

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unfamiliar SatNav in a hire car. Put in a destination and it wanted to take me on a 658km journey - for a trip I knew to be about 210km. For about 200km all it did was tell me I was going the wrong way, and that it was recalculating the route - but always in the wrong direction. I just assume there was something set that I didn't know about and couldn't be bothered to find that was causing it to go off-piste. But if I hear 'recalculating route' one more time ...
Should have driven a British model. The mileage would have been correctly displayed and correct directions given:LOL::LOL:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Standing room only on the Elizabeth line home and some silly bint shouts “can people move down please” as she’s tries to force herself on with her 2 suitcases

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Standing room only on the Elizabeth line home and some silly bint shouts “can people move down please” as she’s tries to force herself on with her 2 suitcases

Was also on there today. All worked well but the copious amounts of Ferrari in Berkley Square are working!