Random Irritations

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's just gone 5.00pm on a Friday and I'm still trying to get a decent price for my sodding car insurance!!! :mad::mad:

Just got the renewal quote through for Mrs Colch's car for £370 up from £360 last year. Decided to try to find it cheaper and have a quote for £224 from Tesco. I do like to try cheering you up with my insurance stories. :ROFLMAO:

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's just gone 5.00pm on a Friday and I'm still trying to get a decent price for my sodding car insurance!!! :mad::mad:

I spent most of yesterday doing just that. My premium went up from £208 to £342 for no obvious reason but "you have been with us for a number of years and you may be able to get the insurance cover you want at a better price if you shop around". It took more effort than I hoped and finally got it for £274 but still some price hike over last year.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Chickenpox.

For crying out loud

Twin 1 might have it.. we thought she had it with her sisters but couldn't be sure as only 1 or 2 spots but there are lots of spots now

Thought we had got over that lol 😂

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Re-sawing a walnut slab into 20mm boards and there was so much tension inside the slab that the second cut caused the board to basically shatter/explode outwards and absolutely annihilate my bandsaw blade.

Snapped it clean. Unbelievable how much tension can be stored up inside a simple slab of wood. Walnut is especially bad for it sadly, whilst being one of the most expensive.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Re-sawing a walnut slab into 20mm boards and there was so much tension inside the slab that the second cut caused the board to basically shatter/explode outwards and absolutely annihilate my bandsaw blade.

Snapped it clean. Unbelievable how much tension can be stored up inside a simple slab of wood. Walnut is especially bad for it sadly, whilst being one of the most expensive.
Yeah, lovely looking wood though. My Son would often use it as a border surrounding a lighter wood on his end grain chopping boards. 👍

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Put things in (mental) boxes. Only open the box when you have the time and resources to deal with them. If you, mentally, leave everything scattered around you in plain sight you will continue to be distracted and frustrated by them.

Compartmentalise!

So many unopened boxes 🙄

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
95% sure that the alloy refurbishment people I used a few months ago incorrectly jacked up my car and have split/cracked the sill. 🤬. Difficult to see as it's tucked under the car, but once seen, I can't un-see it now.

Can't prove it was them, so I'll have bend over and take it. 🤷

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Putting the clock on my phone forward an hour before going to bed and then my phone putting my clock forward by another hour while I was asleep despite having automatic updates turned off. Going to be a long day.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
British Summer Time. What?
It's not even the end of winter at the moment.
More like the end of daylight saving time.
Was it Shelley or Keats who said the English winter ends in July to recommence in August.

D-S

Visit site
The ‘international’ price of drinks i.e. those bought in big hotels all over the world. It is seemingly now around £12 plus for anything.
We are currently in Dubai and the cheapest wine on any list is well over £50. Drinks from the cart on golf courses are £8 for a small can of beer. Large beer in club houses £12 minimum.
A bit like green fees at top courses (don’t get me started on the ‘discounted’ price of golf here), they now are charging very last penny they think they can squeeze out of people.
I know all the supply and demand arguments etc. but it is getting beyond a joke.