Random Irritations

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
You’re on a bicycle going up a fairly steep hill approaching a crossroads with traffic lights. Left hand lane is turn left only, right lane is straight on and turn right. You want to go straight ahead, which lane should you choose to place your bicycle? ?

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You’re on a bicycle going up a fairly steep hill approaching a crossroads with traffic lights. Left hand lane is turn left only, right lane is straight on and turn right. You want to go straight ahead, which lane should you choose to place your bicycle? ?

Middle of the right lane and command the road position.

Let me guess? Someone cut in from the left lane and thought they did nothing wrong.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

I think from experience the correct procedure is wait till light is red then drive through without looking either way, giving any motorist that complains either the finger or a load of verbal. ?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Middle of the right lane and command the road position.

Let me guess? Someone cut in from the left lane and thought they did nothing wrong.

Almost there, they tried jumping the lights on amber but they were so old and slow I’d already spotted it, I got in front, leant in my horn and called him all things bad as I turned left in front of his angry face ?. So yes, he eventually knew he’d done something wrong ?

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
It's been about 25 years since I had a bike, but IIRC when going up a steep hill, the normal procedure was to dismount and push it up the hill. Therefore the correct position is on the pavement.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's been about 25 years since I had a bike, but IIRC when going up a steep hill, the normal procedure was to dismount and push it up the hill. Therefore the correct position is on the pavement.

???
Honestly, the guy was going so slowly a tortoise would have beaten him up the hill, he was a full kit winker as well ?

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site

You choose the correct lane but ensure you don’t go to the front or cut in front as not to impede superior heavier vehicles on the green light dash.

I would personally get off and cross on foot on either road that is red lighted as that’s the sensible, quickest and safest way to get on my way, beat the lights and not get squished. Plus you don’t have to stand there like a wet kipper with the cars behind staring at you like a rabid dog.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Almost there, they tried jumping the lights on amber but they were so old and slow I’d already spotted it, I got in front, leant in my horn and called him all things bad as I turned left in front of his angry face ?. So yes, he eventually knew he’d done something wrong ?

Ah right, cool, so you both navigated that situation wrongly then. ;)

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ever since Facebook did a website update a few weeks ago I cannot just page back on my IPhone if I visit Facebook, I have to go to another website like Google then it will allow me to page back to my browser start page ?

RRidges

Visit site
You seem to be one of those aggressive cyclists/motorcyclists likely to create chaos and get themselves injured because they want to 'punish' daft car drivers. As a, generally, defensive motorcyclist, I always either placed myself in such a position that the motorist couldn't do what I believe your example did, or simply waited for the selfish, but potentially dangerous, to me, sod to get out of my way!