Random Irritations

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Can countries not try to better themselves, their human rights record is atrocious, but surely they can try and better it and be decent people.

Of course they can try and better themselves, and I'd rather they did it by addressing their human rights issues; deal with the base issue, don't deflect from it.

They could try being decent first - rather than trying to buy their way out.

This. ^^

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Having an absolute howler of a cold/man flu. Started on Tuesday and is getting worse. I have done lots of covid tests and all are negative.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Company in Preston who charge £35 delivery for a £400 desk to a KA post code but they will deliver to all English and central belt Scotland post area codes free of charge.
The north of the KA area is quite heavily populated and less than a 30 minute drive to Glasgow.
The idiots got a stern reply from Lady Doon and a lost sale.
I can drive to Preston in under 3.5 hours.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
As i leave the town where I work I go onto a 60mph road, clearly marked, nice and straight. About 1/2 a mile down the road there is a speed camera to stop the boy racers. The number of times people get to 60, see this and slam the brakes on to get down to 40 is ridiculous. There is no sign to change the limit, it's still a 60 zone. Annoys me intensely.

Sorry, I do that. I hate all those bluddy cameras and make sure, when I see one, I don't get caught.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sorry, I do that. I hate all those bluddy cameras and make sure, when I see one, I don't get caught.
You should be sorry. Ridiculous behaviour. If you’re worried and have no ability to maintain speed, just set your cruise control to 58. Much better than slamming brakes on and potentially causing an accident.