Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Missus needs a new car. We had a little trip to CarGiant last night - 80% of the cars they have are diesels! Who's going to buy a diesel now?? Surely they're going to have a problem on their hands getting rid of them aren't they? It wasn't a very useful trip anyway as we certainly don't want a diesel.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Missus needs a new car. We had a little trip to CarGiant last night - 80% of the cars they have are diesels! Who's going to buy a diesel now?? Surely they're going to have a problem on their hands getting rid of them aren't they? It wasn't a very useful trip anyway as we certainly don't want a diesel.

were they post 2016 with ad blue? if so they are still worth considering. ULEZ is fine and still a good car

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
were they post 2016 with ad blue? if so they are still worth considering. ULEZ is fine and still a good car
They were mostly 4 years old yeah. I don't know what ad blue means. My finger is not on the pulse of this stuff but I thought diesels were on the way out to be honest. Most of them seemed cheaper priced than their petrol equivalents.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Indeed such comparisons are invidious. I would look at the consultants my company would employ to work alongside me, and were they worth the packet they were paid...was the job they did worthy of so much more pay than that of a doctor, well of course not. But that was what they were paid and that is simply the end of it.

that is a commercial decision in the private sector and those people will live or die by the success or failure they acieve and have a significantly less stable employment than most in the public sector. And by the way, i think the bulk of "consultants", and i have worked with a few over the years, are a complete waste of money and time. Very differerent from the public sector though, where you can compare and rightly expect different salaries from the myriad of public sector workers across different professions who need different skill sets, training, expertise and qualifications. And i would hazard a guess that most people would rate the "worth", level of training, responsibility, difficulty of job and qualifications needed of, say, a Nurse or a Teacher as higher than a train or tube driver - and that is not a dig at train and tube drivers. However, the latter are significantly better paid than the former two

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Horsefly bites. Was bitten yesterday on my right knee. Same fly then bit my PP on his knee. It then tried again with me but bit him again instead. He had Deet on and I'd forgotten to put any repellant on. I then got bitten on my left knee at our 17th. Usually none around there:mad:

Cue antihistamines, bite zapper clicker thing, after bite and hand sanitiser as well for good measure when on the course with anthisan applied at home. Damn things are itchier today than yesterday.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Horsefly bites. Was bitten yesterday on my right knee. Same fly then bit my PP on his knee. It then tried again with me but bit him again instead. He had Deet on and I'd forgotten to put any repellant on. I then got bitten on my left knee at our 17th. Usually none around there:mad:

Cue antihistamines, bite zapper clicker thing, after bite and hand sanitiser as well for good measure when on the course with anthisan applied at home. Damn things are itchier today than yesterday.

One way to cure a knobbly knee ?

Please don’t hurt me , hope it gets better soon ?

RichA

Visit site
They were mostly 4 years old yeah. I don't know what ad blue means. My finger is not on the pulse of this stuff but I thought diesels were on the way out to be honest. Most of them seemed cheaper priced than their petrol equivalents.
Diesel currently costs about 10% more than petrol.
My diesel car gets 25% more mpg than its petrol equivalent.
Modern diesel engines are no dirtier than petrol. They're equally bad, but no worse.
Personally, I'd get a "clean" efficient diesel rather than a petrol engine.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I was bitten three times on my leg by a mosquito(s) 5 weeks ago whilst out on the course around dusk. They still itch now. I feel your pain/itch.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Record profits for energy companies as the masses struggle to pay their bills.
But if the masses had bought shares on the energy companies ...... :unsure:

Hey. Don't look to me for financial advice. I sold my BP and Shell shares and bought banking a month of two before the sub prime debalce :oops:

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But if the masses had bought shares on the energy companies ...... :unsure:

Hey. Don't look to me for financial advice. I sold my BP and Shell shares and bought banking a month of two before the sub prime debalce :oops:
My wife had over 20 odd years of Hailfax shares, that I would try and get her to sell..... "no, they're always going to increase in value" was her stock reply. A week after my last attempt to get her to sell them, they were worth less than the paper they were written on.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

Ouch. Hope they feel better soon.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
It's time for periodic "standards check"...an examiner sits in the back of a lesson to check I'm doing it right.
These days we have to book it online...
The email "inviting" me to book says I have to have this check within the next 3 months...
So, open up the web page and start the process.
Arrive at the "choose your date" page and..........there aren't any tests available in the next 3 months....
The system is beyond broken.......:poop: