Random Irritations

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Striking Transport workers, again!! Taxpayers pay their wages and they want inflation-type rises in these exceptional times, but many proivate sector employees have not had a rise for 3 years - i would grab the hand off the rises that have been proposed!

A train driver earns more than a newly qualified doctor mmmmmm

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Impatient idiots. 2.51pm yesterday, email requesting advice as to how a job should be submitted; 8.22am today, job submitted without waiting for the advice.

Not only will I have to reject the 3 unacceptable applications, they will also expect an email response & I'll probably get a whining phone call as well. :rolleyes:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Impatient idiots. 2.51pm yesterday, email requesting advice as to how a job should be submitted; 8.22am today, job submitted without waiting for the advice.

Not only will I have to reject the 3 unacceptable applications, they will also expect an email response & I'll probably get a whining phone call as well. :rolleyes:

Ah the wonders of email. People expect a reply with the detail of a well considered letter in the timescale of a return telephone call.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
After a 4 year wait finally got my appointment to reset and fuse my broken finger... alas will mean that will be the end of golf for a few months, missing the last few comps and our autumn jolly to Aberdeenshire and the 3 new courses we are due to play.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just generally or anything specific? I had to Google her so clearly I don't know the irritation at this point ?
Perhaps I should call her Vicky Shouty Sparks.
She seems to think shouting a commentary is how you do it. She needs to listen to Eleanor Oldroyd or any of the male 5 live commentators.
I love listening to sport on 5 live, but I turn it off when V Sparks is shouting it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Perhaps I should call her Vicky Shouty Sparks.
She seems to think shouting a commentary is how you do it. She needs to listen to Eleanor Oldroyd or any of the male 5 live commentators.
I love listening to sport on 5 live, but I turn it off when V Sparks is shouting it.
Ah, okay. I'd agree with the irritation then (y) (I wasn't questioning, it's part of the fun of this thread that you know why any person irritates someone)

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
https://www.bma.org.uk/pay-and-cont...ales/pay-scales-for-junior-doctors-in-england

The pay soon increases. It's rarely effective to make comparisons between jobs, you don't often get the full picture.
Indeed such comparisons are invidious. I would look at the consultants my company would employ to work alongside me, and were they worth the packet they were paid...was the job they did worthy of so much more pay than that of a doctor, well of course not. But that was what they were paid and that is simply the end of it.