Random Irritations

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
The mortgage company reducing the amount they will lend me by over £35k between the decision in principle and the actual mortgage offer. Found a house, put in an offer which was accepted and now they've reduced what they will lend me. They asked for my most recent accounts for 2021/2022 which were over £2k higher than the accounts for 2019/2020 that were originally submitted and despite that they've drastically reduced their offer to the point we can no longer buy the house.
My guess is it will be because they are confident that interest rates are going to increase which means your maximum affordable monthly repayment will only fund a smaller mortgage?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My guess is it will be because they are confident that interest rates are going to increase which means your maximum affordable monthly repayment will only fund a smaller mortgage?

Its only been nine days between the decision in principle and the mortgage offer. Can't believe things have changed that drastically in that timescale. And it was a 5 year fixed mortgage so monthly payments wouldn't have increased at all in that time.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Its only been nine days between the decision in principle and the mortgage offer. Can't believe things have changed that drastically in that timescale. And it was a 5 year fixed mortgage so monthly payments wouldn't have increased at all in that time.
Oh, that quick? Then of course my speculation is off the mark.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Being told a bone idle waster is claiming Carers benefit, and doesn't do any caring and also same waster has just received his £300 energy money off the government and is currently sat in the pub spending it

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Credit stealers.

Years ago I made a document they use at work for something.
it went missing few months ago and they needed a reprint and someone at work asked for a copy. I emailed it to him

he didnt just reprint it and laminate it for use.. put his name on it? excuse me.

pettiness accepted.

reprinted with my name on.

childish completely but im not having that.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seagulls using my small pond as a drinking station. They even bring the juveniles with them. 300 yards away (in a straight line) there is Radipole Bird Reserve that is a massive lake full of freshwater.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Deliberate misrepresentation of ‘median’ as being equivalent to ‘mean/average’.

I can tell you for certain that the median handicap at my golf club will be quite different from the mean course handicap. The median will be half way between +7 and 54…so 30.5. I suspect the mean is something like 22 - though I might out of interest go and work it out.

Will also be interesting to see what the mode is.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Will also be interesting to see what the mode is.
Or is it the other way round…hmmm…just checked and half of members have a handicap of less and half more than 18.5 - so that’s the median HI. For mean I can’t just difference highest and lowest and divide by two…but what measure is that - maybe it’s just statistical spread/range.

For arithmetic mean I’d have to add up all HIs and divide by the number of members…but I can’t be bothered adding up 670 numbers…and can’t download to a spreadsheet. The mode HI is 54.0, but I’m thinking mode HI is actually of very little interest, and I can’t be bothered checking for mode CH - which would be.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Or is it the other way round…hmmm…just checked and half of members have a handicap of less and half more than 18.5 - so that’s the median HI. For mean I can’t just difference highest and lowest and divide by two…but what measure is that - maybe it’s just statistical spread/range.

For arithmetic mean I’d have to add up all HIs and divide by the number of members…but I can’t be bothered adding up 670 numbers…and can’t download to a spreadsheet. The mode HI is 54.0, but I’m thinking mode HI is actually of very little interest, and I can’t be bothered checking for mode CH - which would be.

So 54 is the most recurring HI at your club? That's a lot of 54 handicap indexes from 670 results.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
So 54 is the most recurring HI at your club? That's a lot of 54 handicap indexes from 670 results.
Indeed, 32 of them…but them‘s the ‘lies‘ statistics can tell when you set no criteria on your analysis of a specific measure. They are mostly academy or juniors - all of whom have yet to put in cards…or sufficient to impact their default initial handicap index. It may well be the case that there is a more common Course Handicap, and that looks to be around 21/22.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
People who have to stand touching the baggage conveyor in the airport. But they are not as irritating as the people who have to stand there as a family. Usually with the kids between them and the luggage. ??

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
People who ask you things in piecemeal fashion so it doesn't make sense.
"Can you do such and such?"
'Namehere is already doing this.'
"But it should be your task really."
'Not sure I understand. Has she been doing it wrong?'
"No, she's been doing it perfectly, but she hasn't got time anymore."

Why didn't you say that in the first bloody place then? "Can you take over this task from Namehere because she no longer has time" would have worked. All the information in one email, is it that difficult?
I've recently had a couple of people try and get my team to pick stuff up as they can no longer resource it, I'm still waiting for either of them to explain to me what that's got to do with me.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Striking Transport workers, again!! Taxpayers pay their wages and they want inflation-type rises in these exceptional times, but many proivate sector employees have not had a rise for 3 years - i would grab the hand off the rises that have been proposed!

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
People who have to stand touching the baggage conveyor in the airport. But they are not as irritating as the people who have to stand there as a family. Usually with the kids between them and the luggage. ??
Glanced at this while in the grip of multiple irritations at the airport.
Put the phone down else would likely have become a rant!