Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Trying to pay the car insurance with the credit card and it gets declined even though I've enough on my credit limit to pay it 10 times over....
Now facing the prospect of dangling on hold with a call centre for the next month to find out why...deep deep joy:mad:

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dental appointment to sort out a broken tooth. "Clean break". Crown is the way forward. OK. Ooooo you've not had a check up for two years, click click upper summat or other, then stopped. Ooo I'll do a NHS clean. Ok then.....didn't. So sod all done, new appointment made to do crown in FOUR WEEKS TIME!!!!!......and that'll be £30 ! "WHAT!!!!!! She's done nowt". Little shrug," it'll come off your bill for the crown".

And the check up and clean will be bluddy done as well! The cheeky beepers. It's highway robbery!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
My wife’s most irritating trait is her ability to hoard things. She never throws stuff out, always finding lame excuses not to.

Unsurprisingly, my 19 year old son rarely plays with his Lego, yet we have boxes of the stuff desperately wanting to be rehoused via the charity shop which Mrs BB cannot bear to part with. And he has far more interest in going on the lash with his mates than in making robots from old loo rolls and yoghurt pots, and despite this we have bags full of recyclables which she seems intent on keeping.

Grinds my gears in unimaginable ways, my lovely wife…….

Sit her down and speak slowly and softly "Look luv, he's 19, let it go"

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
'Vinted' app. Missus has decided to try and sell on some of her clothes she's not worn - not irritated by that, that's great news. However she's tried to use this Vinted app to sell them, the ones she sold, it automatically sends a "print at home" Evri postage label. Useless since we don't have a printer - from what I can tell the app just refuses to give the QR code instead that you can print in the parcel drop off location. So trying to post them was a pain in the backside.

Not to mention the usual messages she's getting for a £10 priced dress "will you sell it for £9?" Give me strength.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Training/kickabout tonight cancelled due to insufficient numbers and I can't even get a game of tennis arranged either. Guess I'd better take my fat arse out for a jog or something. :(

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Finally getting the vanity unit for the bathroom (3rd one wed ordered and delayed) only to find the basin is slightly damaged :( now to wait for another one

So sigh, its replacement is damaged too :( cant get another until back end of next week, bathroom fitter now pushed back from monday. Time to find a neighbour who can lend me a shower :)

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Training/kickabout tonight cancelled due to insufficient numbers and I can't even get a game of tennis arranged either. Guess I'd better take my fat arse out for a jog or something. :(

No, no, no ......................................... take it out for a chocolate cake!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The top of my left arm has been painful for a few weeks now. I had a phone consultation with a physio who diagnosed rotator cuff. I've been doing the exercises recommended for 4 days now and my shoulder blade, same side, now has searing pain and I can barely turn my neck.

I'm playing golf today, glorious day, warmest of the year so far up here, and at this moment I can barely move ??

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The top of my left arm has been painful for a few weeks now. I had a phone consultation with a physio who diagnosed rotator cuff. I've been doing the exercises recommended for 4 days now and my shoulder blade, same side, now has searing pain and I can barely turn my neck.

I'm playing golf today, glorious day, warmest of the year so far up here, and at this moment I can barely move ??

Ouch. Shoulders are so complex and wonder if a phone consultation has in fact misdiagnosed.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site

Ah, the joys of phone diagnosis of musculoskeletal issues. Quite how they think it can be remotely accurate without actually examining you escapes me.

Wonder if my next prostate exam will be over the phone?

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

Can you hold your arm out straight and rotate your hand so the palm faces the sky?

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site

I had that a few years ago. Left arm, righted-handed player. Couldn't play golf at all for several weeks. Then returned with a much shortened back swing.
Had to re-calibrate iron-distances a bit.
On the plus side. Iron distances shortened and "gaps" between shortened. Shorter backswing seemed to increase accuracy as well. These two things may have caused me to be nearer the hole with most to-the-green shots. Made loads of money on the twos. Loss of distance vs. improved accuracy seemed to even out overall.
Just about fully recovered now and re-gained full distance with the driver, but I can re-employ the shorter backswing shots, if I feel it is the shot-to-play at any given time.