Random Irritations

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The Highland Council.
Visited the house we let out today only to find the HC has put double yellows and permit parking in place in the adjacent road. It's to solve a parking problem entirely of there own making. A few years ago they made the council offices car park pay and display, which means lots of council workers then started parking in nearby roads. Causing parking and access issues to drives in these roads. Previously these were quiet areas during the week. To to solve this they have Double yellowed everywhere and permitted only parking a couple of the roads, which you now have to pay for.

??

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Highland Council.
Visited the house we let out today only to find the HC has put double yellows and permit parking in place in the adjacent road. It's to solve a parking problem entirely of there own making. A few years ago they made the council offices car park pay and display, which means lots of council workers then started parking in nearby roads. Causing parking and access issues to drives in these roads. Previously these were quiet areas during the week. To to solve this they have Double yellowed everywhere and permitted only parking a couple of the roads, which you now have to pay for.

??

Sounds a typical council mess up and "solution"!

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Its summer, but the heating kicks in at night (and sometimes during the day) !!.. dont even want to look at the heating bill when it lands.

I have a very leaky house.. just cant find where it is coming from though. Also looks like the prev owner may not have put cavity wall insulation in a section of the upstair wall where we have clay tiles.. that room is like a freezer in the winter. Not sure how we can retrofit it into that part of the house

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its summer, but the heating kicks in at night (and sometimes during the day) !!.. dont even want to look at the heating bill when it lands.

I have a very leaky house.. just cant find where it is coming from though. Also looks like the prev owner may not have put cavity wall insulation in a section of the upstair wall where we have clay tiles.. that room is like a freezer in the winter. Not sure how we can retrofit it into that part of the house

Can you afford to lose a tiny bit of wall space? Insulation backed plaster board over the wall adds something to the insulation. Or a partition wall with insulation behind adds more

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mrs Colch and her ability to procrastinate. If there was a global award for the World's Biggest Procrastinator then she'd win it every year. Except she wouldn't, because she'd delay putting in her entry until the last possible minute and then miss the deadline for submissions. I could swear that her life motto is "Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow", followed by "And if it's possible to put it off until tomorrow then there's plenty of time to do it next week or the week after".

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Mrs Colch and her ability to procrastinate. If there was a global award for the World's Biggest Procrastinator then she'd win it every year. Except she wouldn't, because she'd delay putting in her entry until the last possible minute and then miss the deadline for submissions. I could swear that her life motto is "Never do today what you can put off until tomorrow", followed by "And if it's possible to put it off until tomorrow then there's plenty of time to do it next week or the week after".
I didn't realise I was married to your wife....:unsure:
I the have a contest.....:LOL:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

My wife’s most irritating trait is her ability to hoard things. She never throws stuff out, always finding lame excuses not to.

Unsurprisingly, my 19 year old son rarely plays with his Lego, yet we have boxes of the stuff desperately wanting to be rehoused via the charity shop which Mrs BB cannot bear to part with. And he has far more interest in going on the lash with his mates than in making robots from old loo rolls and yoghurt pots, and despite this we have bags full of recyclables which she seems intent on keeping.

Grinds my gears in unimaginable ways, my lovely wife…….

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My wife’s most irritating trait is her ability to hoard things. She never throws stuff out, always finding lame excuses not to.

Unsurprisingly, my 19 year old son rarely plays with his Lego, yet we have boxes of the stuff desperately wanting to be rehoused via the charity shop which Mrs BB cannot bear to part with. And he has far more interest in going on the lash with his mates than in making robots from old loo rolls and yoghurt pots, and despite this we have bags full of recyclables which she seems intent on keeping.

Be grateful.. She is still hoarding you... way past your use by date..

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Finally gone down with a cold for the first time in over three years - with the worst sore throat I can ever recall having. Like breathing razor blades. And I've tested, and it is just a cold. Ah well, at least it shouldn't last long

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site

My daughter is in the process of moving and having a clear out. Her nine year old son is no longer interested in Lego, and he had Loads!
My daughter is very good at selling on ebay etc. and has made over £500!!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
My daughter is in the process of moving and having a clear out. Her nine year old son is no longer interested in Lego, and he had Loads!
My daughter is very good at selling on ebay etc. and has made over £500!!

Think we may stand by on the charity shop for now……….?