Random Irritations

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Sometimes the people in charge are so disconnected from what's going on and what the members want
Some people just like the title and have no idea what their doing
I believe the term is 'focussed'! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I've seen that term 'corrupted' to something less complementary, but more appropriate (the first vowel is changed!).:rolleyes:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I believe the term is 'focussed'! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I've seen that term 'corrupted' to something less complementary, but more appropriate (the first vowel is changed!).:rolleyes:

"Re: Moving Comps to another date. I will copy Darren who is the Handicap & Competition Secretary to reply, but as ex-secretary I would say that the competition calendar is decided at the beginning of the year and many golfers put the comp dates into their calendar. Therefore we are always reluctant to change Comp Dates wherever possible."

That was his reply to the request

Since this email the August comp has moved back a week ?

My mate who sits on the committee said he was in the bar and so many didn't know the Comp was that day or would have entered

So really it's badly advertised

Needs to be on the online diary (is already)
Notice board (isn't)
At reception (isnt)

And use the blooming notice board on the app for the day / week

And email it out that week!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Last year one of our guys was asked to change his shorts as they were a bit long - the guy is about 5” nothing - they weren’t very polite about it and it’s no surprise he isn’t going this year.

It’s a shame as it’s a lovely course and clubhouse

It is a beautiful setting no doubt and that's the only thing that has kept me there I think. I'd argue the course is lovely despite the care given to it - nature has done a stunning job but the condition of the greens is always suspect. They spent a fortune on new bunkers throughout but put the wrong sand in. Sand has been changed throughout but they never maintained the edges so now they're planning to redo those with the fake revetting thingy. Drainage lines everywhere but they don't seem to work and the ones on the 5th and 6th they did in winter they filled with hollow core and they've all sunk so look awful. Fairways are shocking and green surrounds worse. They used their usual excuse of our micro-climate for the condition and the next day removed preferred lies. They'd never apply for an extension as I think that would be a public admittance that the course is in poor nick. I could go on and on - money and 8 greenkeepers and yet other courses I've played recently are in much better condition.

Ooh now I'm fizzing again!!

D

Deleted member 15344

It is a beautiful setting no doubt and that's the only thing that has kept me there I think. I'd argue the course is lovely despite the care given to it - nature has done a stunning job but the condition of the greens is always suspect. They spent a fortune on new bunkers throughout but put the wrong sand in. Sand has been changed throughout but they never maintained the edges so now they're planning to redo those with the fake revetting thingy. Drainage lines everywhere but they don't seem to work and the ones on the 5th and 6th they did in winter they filled with hollow core and they've all sunk so look awful. Fairways are shocking and green surrounds worse. They used their usual excuse of our micro-climate for the condition and the next day removed preferred lies. They'd never apply for an extension as I think that would be a public admittance that the course is in poor nick. I could go on and on - money and 8 greenkeepers and yet other courses I've played recently are in much better condition.

Ooh now I'm fizzing again!!

Sounds like it’s gone backwards over the last 12 months - played there twice last year and was in good Nick ( late June )

I’m not going tomorrow due to work but certainly sounds like I won’t be missing much - shame as it’s a society that normally look for

Will see what the others say after they play it

Might be worth looking over towards Northampton? Some good courses there

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sounds like it’s gone backwards over the last 12 months - played there twice last year and was in good Nick ( late June )

I’m not going tomorrow due to work but certainly sounds like I won’t be missing much - shame as it’s a society that normally look for

Will see what the others say after they play it

Might be worth looking over towards Northampton? Some good courses there

It really isn't great at the moment. David plays senior matches and generally visitors haven't been impressed and feel it's declined. Will be interesting to hear what is said after tomorrow.

I can't decide if my love for the game has gone because it's run its course and I'm not ambitious anymore or it's gone because of Wellingborough! I like Northampton GC (Harlestone rather than County) and know some of their Ladies but it's a bit of a trek for me. I'm thinking that come renewal in October it will be nowhere or Brampton Park. I've recently joined a rowing club and think that might be my new focus - technical and physical and lots to learn. Might fill the next ten years :)

D

Deleted member 15344

It really isn't great at the moment. David plays senior matches and generally visitors haven't been impressed and feel it's declined. Will be interesting to hear what is said after tomorrow.

I can't decide if my love for the game has gone because it's run its course and I'm not ambitious anymore or it's gone because of Wellingborough! I like Northampton GC (Harlestone rather than County) and know some of their Ladies but it's a bit of a trek for me. I'm thinking that come renewal in October it will be nowhere or Brampton Park. I've recently joined a rowing club and think that might be my new focus - technical and physical and lots to learn. Might fill the next ten years :)
Harlestone is a great club - really enjoy the course , proper little hidden gem , some great holes and the welcome is always great there - it may not be the greatest course in the area but it’s one of the better clubs. Great holes around the lake

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
The dog was booked in to be neutered tomorrow. He's just been diagnosed with possible kennel cough, so we've had to delay it for a week. Not the end of the world but it means having to change around my arrangements.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Harlestone is a great club - really enjoy the course , proper little hidden gem , some great holes and the welcome is always great there - it may not be the greatest course in the area but it’s one of the better clubs. Great holes around the lake

Always surprises me how many people get these two aspects confused (not suggesting you are Phil) and get the wrong priority when considering a club.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
When you win an ebay auction, get ready to pay £7.45 for a persimmon driver, and then, within a minute of the end of the auction, you get a message...

win bid.jpg

MZ message.jpg

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Going to great lengths to get some training organised and one of the team being totally resistant to change and learning anything and simply sitting there been talked at and not engaging at all. The clock is ticking and time running out

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Was watching my son bat at his school cricket match... he was doing ok... Then out of nowheree.

A lady walks onto the ground with her (wolf sized) dog. Calmly walks the whole length of the ground, past my son and the wicketkeeper. All players wait. She could have waited for the over to finish, but chose otherwise (remember dog owners have right of way everywhere) .. about 5 mins of completely bizarre halt to the match.

Second ball after the interruption, my son who was doing ok so far, decides he had enough, goes for the pull shot. Does not time it and is caught!!. My day was going well till then..

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was watching my son bat at his school cricket match... he was doing ok... Then out of nowheree.

A lady walks onto the ground with her (wolf sized) dog. Calmly walks the whole length of the ground, past my son and the wicketkeeper. All players wait. She could have waited for the over to finish, but chose otherwise (remember dog owners have right of way everywhere) .. about 5 mins of completely bizarre halt to the match.

Second ball after the interruption, my son who was doing ok so far, decides he had enough, goes for the pull shot. Does not time it and is caught!!. My day was going well till then..
Ah well, that's sons for you - always set to disappoint in the end ... :):)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My phone contract is at an end, but the phone is still good so just going to a 12-month Sim only. The options were 20gb for £18 a month, or 100gb for £20. How silly. I previously had 30gb and never used more than 6, but now I have 100 because, sod it, it's only £2 more than 20gb so why wouldn't you?? :ROFLMAO:

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
My phone contract is at an end, but the phone is still good so just going to a 12-month Sim only. The options were 20gb for £18 a month, or 100gb for £20. How silly. I previously had 30gb and never used more than 6, but now I have 100 because, sod it, it's only £2 more than 20gb so why wouldn't you?? :ROFLMAO:
I'd have gone to voxi or Giffgaff for a tenner per month.