Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's pretty much what I'm going to do as I can't keep feeling so cheesed off and literally like they're taking the proverbial. Just need to decide whether to go back to Brampton or have a sabbatical from the game and see how I feel.
Be sure to mention why you are taking your subscription fees elsewhere when you tell them you are not renewing next year. It might not change anything but it will make you feel better. Awful way to treat members / customers.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It's pretty much what I'm going to do as I can't keep feeling so cheesed off and literally like they're taking the proverbial. Just need to decide whether to go back to Brampton or have a sabbatical from the game and see how I feel.

From their website.......
Ladies
Tailored shorts / skirts/ skorts should be no more than 4" above the knee

Gents
Tailored shorts are acceptable provided they do NOT extend below the knee nor shorter than 3 inches above the knee.

STAFF HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED TO ASK ANY PERSON TO LEAVE THE PREMISES (COURSE OR CLUBHOUSE) IMMEDIATELY IF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT BEING RESPECTED.

*All staff are expected to carry a measuring tape with them at all times*

*I may have made the last one up.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
UPS - truly awful customer service. We sent 3 shipments to Sweden last week, all sent using the paperless system. All 3 are being returned as they do not have invoices attached o_O

1. The system is paperless you muppets, your system
2. Contact me if there is a problem, we could resolve it rather than returning goods pointlessly.

NearHull

Visit site
Have you considered Ramsey? Perhaps a little further to travel but I was a member at Brampton many rears ago and subsequently at Ramsey. i enjoyed Ramsey far better for the overall membership experience.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
UPS - truly awful customer service. We sent 3 shipments to Sweden last week, all sent using the paperless system. All 3 are being returned as they do not have invoices attached o_O

1. The system is paperless you muppets, your system
2. Contact me if there is a problem, we could resolve it rather than returning goods pointlessly.

I resolved never to use them again after they left thousands of pounds of items stuck in a warehouse for months and tried to blame customs, which I proved to be a lie and then did nothing about it after they were exposed as liars.

Their Trustpilot makes for entertaining reading. Most people assuming the U stands for Useless.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have you considered Ramsey? Perhaps a little further to travel but I was a member at Brampton many rears ago and subsequently at Ramsey. i enjoyed Ramsey far better for the overall membership experience.

It is a bit of a faffy journey and think recently they have struggled financially. Agree though it's always felt a friendly club.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
From their website.......
Ladies
Tailored shorts / skirts/ skorts should be no more than 4" above the knee

Gents
Tailored shorts are acceptable provided they do NOT extend below the knee nor shorter than 3 inches above the knee.

STAFF HAVE BEEN INSTRUCTED TO ASK ANY PERSON TO LEAVE THE PREMISES (COURSE OR CLUBHOUSE) IMMEDIATELY IF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT BEING RESPECTED.

*All staff are expected to carry a measuring tape with them at all times*

*I may have made the last one up.

I'm afraid there is a sense of the club being stuck in the dark ages and I'm sure some would be delighted if the whole Ladies section left! David had a match a couple of weeks ago on a Thursday which was men's midweek medal. Just a book your own tee time and book into the comp so usually 30ish guys do it. His opponent was very irritated to see a woman on the course "when it's men's medal day"...he meant it - David told him to jog on, or words to that effect!

Oh and Charley Hull and Meghan MacLaren regularly play in shorts a couple of inches past their butt cheeks - I'd love to see them being kicked off the course!!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Wife's strawberry allergy strikes again

Close call yesterday

Today someone gave them oero donuts for Eid

Turns out strawberry filling

Off I go to get her

Bless her

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Another Tuesday Ladies Comp and the course is being hacked up in front of us. Greens hadn't been cut but had been spiked and the fairways were being "scarified" or whatever it is that drags up all the surface. Bearing in mind pick and place removed on 1st May - despite a long message to members giving excuses for the state of the course.

They want the Ladies to move to a Thursday and it strikes me have an agenda to make Tuesdays so miserable that they get their way. I've withdrawn from all booked Tuesday comps and won't bother anymore as it's so frustrating and takes away much of my enjoyment.
Have the Ladies considered moving to Thursdays? They may have even recognised the issue before suggesting it.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have the Ladies considered moving to Thursdays? They may have even recognised the issue before suggesting it.

To be honest the Ladies aren't keen and don't help themselves with the "we always play on a Tuesday" mentality. Wouldn't bother me a jot but I have to say I think the issues will remain. I have looked back on the twitter feed and already this year there are so many Tuesdays where mid afternoon the images of the work they've done are posted. Also the major work is always started the Monday after the men's monthly medal. I know the work has to be done sometime but it can't be coincidental that it is always to minimise the disruption to the men's comps. The Thursday element I understand is if they sand the greens (which they LOVE to do!) as they can't mow for a few days due to the sand blunting the blades and, therefore, that work starts on a Monday/Tuesday.

It's something I've put up with since joining the club but it's either getting worse or my patience has waned. Possibly a bit of both. It is prevalent at pretty much every club I've been at BUT is way more in your face and with a great big stuff you at Wellingborough!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
To be honest the Ladies aren't keen and don't help themselves with the "we always play on a Tuesday" mentality. Wouldn't bother me a jot but I have to say I think the issues will remain. I have looked back on the twitter feed and already this year there are so many Tuesdays where mid afternoon the images of the work they've done are posted. Also the major work is always started the Monday after the men's monthly medal. I know the work has to be done sometime but it can't be coincidental that it is always to minimise the disruption to the men's comps. The Thursday element I understand is if they sand the greens (which they LOVE to do!) as they can't mow for a few days due to the sand blunting the blades and, therefore, that work starts on a Monday/Tuesday.

It's something I've put up with since joining the club but it's either getting worse or my patience has waned. Possibly a bit of both. It is prevalent at pretty much every club I've been at BUT is way more in your face and with a great big stuff you at Wellingborough!
Seems like they are actually trying to help - if not communicating particularly well (possibly from fear!) :rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm afraid there is a sense of the club being stuck in the dark ages and I'm sure some would be delighted if the whole Ladies section left! David had a match a couple of weeks ago on a Thursday which was men's midweek medal. Just a book your own tee time and book into the comp so usually 30ish guys do it. His opponent was very irritated to see a woman on the course "when it's men's medal day"...he meant it - David told him to jog on, or words to that effect!

Oh and Charley Hull and Meghan MacLaren regularly play in shorts a couple of inches past their butt cheeks - I'd love to see them being kicked off the course!!

Last year one of our guys was asked to change his shorts as they were a bit long - the guy is about 5” nothing - they weren’t very polite about it and it’s no surprise he isn’t going this year.

It’s a shame as it’s a lovely course and clubhouse

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Seems like they are actually trying to help - if not communicating particularly well (possibly from fear!) :rolleyes:

Trust me - you need to know the Course/Greens Director and "help" not in his mindset at all. At least it would appear recently the state of the course has seen many complaints - he'd be incensed. I can hear it now "how dare they, if they're not happy they know what they can do"!!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Trust me - you need to know the Course/Greens Director and "help" not in his mindset at all. At least it would appear recently the state of the course has seen many complaints - he'd be incensed. I can hear it now "how dare they, if they're not happy they know what they can do"!!

Sometimes the people in charge are so disconnected from what's going on and what the members want

I contacted our "golf operations manager" about societies being on same day as the mid week comps.. could we just move the comp, everyone wins

He said basically no, no need..comps don't move they set in stone .. not enough uptake to change.. blah blah

My mate is on the handicap and comp committee and he is of same view as me.. got him to bend the ears of the others and now we have 1 extra comp a month.. (so much for little interest)

I also notice August comp has moved back a week... I knew when it was as it clashed with something

Txt my mate saying I'm glad comps are set in stone and can't be moved .. he just laughed

Some people just like the title and have no idea what their doing