Random Irritations

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Mate‘s wife who works as a Civil Servant . When her mother died she had 6 months‘ off on full pay claiming compassionate leave. Returned to work after 6 months and 1 day.

Now her hubby has had a prostrate op and she is claiming stress. She expects to be off until October when she retires on full pay.

Really gone down in my estimation and wonder what would have happened if she had worked in the corner shop?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Mate‘s wife who works as a Civil Servant . When her mother died she had 6 months‘ off on full pay claiming compassionate leave. Returned to work after 6 months and 1 day.

Now her hubby has had a prostrate op and she is claiming stress. She expects to be off until October when she retires on full pay.

Really gone down in my estimation and wonder what would have happened if she had worked in the corner shop?

It’s called playing the system, seen it often, not inclined to join the club.

Really sorts out who your work mates are ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Twin one decided rather than going to sleep that throwing up all over her bed, her floor and even her sister was a lovely idea.

Somehow I've managed to take apart her cot to get all the mess , wet wiped the floor, changed her bed. Cleaned twin 2 with a wipe, moved her to bed 1 then changed her bed as that had sick on it and got her back in her bed

All without waking her ?

D

Deleted member 1740

Hate them. Can't breath between them. Get Mrs Homer to trace your name on your forehead with her forefinger...stops them every time (y)

I Asked my missus to do this and it never worked.

She started C U N.....?

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Twin one decided rather than going to sleep that throwing up all over her bed, her floor and even her sister was a lovely idea.

Somehow I've managed to take apart her cot to get all the mess , wet wiped the floor, changed her bed. Cleaned twin 2 with a wipe, moved her to bed 1 then changed her bed as that had sick on it and got her back in her bed

All without waking her ?

It's amazing what you can do when faced with having to put a child back to sleep.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Trains were flipping abysmal again, even worse than last week. I need an Aldgate train, normally change at Finchley Road but it's 12 minutes until the next Aldgate train, so I'll stay on until Baker Street at get the Hammersmith/Circle line. I walk down to the platform and people are waiting four-deep so I couldn't get on the first one. ? Absolutely stupid. If you've only got limited trains, why not ensure the majority actually go into London where most people want to go?

Sure Paul is already frantically typing about how this is actually an excellent service they're providing somehow - save your energy mate. ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Trains were flipping abysmal again, even worse than last week. I need an Aldgate train, normally change at Finchley Road but it's 12 minutes until the next Aldgate train, so I'll stay on until Baker Street at get the Hammersmith/Circle line. I walk down to the platform and people are waiting four-deep so I couldn't get on the first one. ? Absolutely stupid. If you've only got limited trains, why not ensure the majority actually go into London where most people want to go?

Sure Paul is already frantically typing about how this is actually an excellent service they're providing somehow - save your energy mate. ?

Na it's rubbish lol but goes to show how important the system is so needs proper funding not half baked short term deals because the mayor wears the wrong colour rosette.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
My eldest daughter gets Hiccups all the time. The trick we use I was shown many years ago in the pub, You need help with it...

You put your fingers in your ears to block them, then you need a trustworthy person to help you drink from a cup/glass, a few good gulps of water and the hiccups will be gone, 100% guaranteed.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
My eldest daughter gets Hiccups all the time. The trick we use I was shown many years ago in the pub, You need help with it...

You put your fingers in your ears to block them, then you need a trustworthy person to help you drink from a cup/glass, a few good gulps of water and the hiccups will be gone, 100% guaranteed.

Ooh I'll try that next time.