Random Irritations

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
The cost of kitchen worktops ??
I’m out of touch with the cost of these things ?

Cost of anything building related mate. And it’s getting worse. I bought a load of 4 x 2 framing timber last month, £17.85 for a 4.8m length. Same thing now £23.65.

Sheet of OSB3 was £21.98, now £30.98. It’s like a sale in reverse.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Cost of anything building related mate. And it’s getting worse. I bought a load of 4 x 2 framing timber last month, £17.85 for a 4.8m length. Same thing now £23.65.

Sheet of OSB3 was £21.98, now £30.98. It’s like a sale in reverse.
I’ve renovated 5 houses in 22 years but I’m in a new build now but the standard just isn’t as good ??

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Are we allowed to discuss the latest controversy concerning a lady MP's attire in the house of commons ??.

Is it fashion, political or interesting ??
Please remove if not suitable for adults :eek::D:p

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Are we allowed to discuss the latest controversy concerning a lady MP's attire in the house of commons ??.

Is it fashion, political or interesting ??
Please remove if not suitable for adults :eek::D:p

Nothing to discuss, it is sexist & misogynistic and political so it’s got no place here.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Nothing to discuss, it is sexist & misogynistic and political so it’s got no place here.
Speaking of which (not).
Elon Musk has just offered a bit over 15% of his wealth to buy Twitter! Definitely one from 'left field' and beyond. Just as long as he keeps the renowned golfing cheat (with political aspirations) off it, it's fine by me!
Feel free to edit as reqd btw.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
When you've set-up a process in line with what was requested by your team, but those same people keep nitpicking and trying to change things. Even contradicting what they asked for in the first place. Just sod off, it's working fine as it is!

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Motorway “active” traffic management which is anything but. Just two examples; one stretch of motorway I use regularly which has an overhead gantry set to 60mph, with a sign “Congestion - use hard shoulder”, this being permanently displayed even when the road is virtually empty. Worse still, a main motorway I use regularly which currently uses reducing speed limits over consecutive gantries, from 60mph down to 40mph, prior to displaying the national speed limit sign where there are currently major roadworks resulting in frequent stationary traffic.

Those responsible for this lazy (in)active traffic management should have their (still attached) fleshy dangly bits coated in peanut butter, prior to them being fed through a mangle into the waiting jaws of a particularly peckish, peanut butter loving Rottweiler. With sharp teeth.

?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Motorway “active” traffic management which is anything but. Just two examples; one stretch of motorway I use regularly which has an overhead gantry set to 60mph, with a sign “Congestion - use hard shoulder”, this being permanently displayed even when the road is virtually empty. Worse still, a main motorway I use regularly which currently uses reducing speed limits over consecutive gantries, from 60mph down to 40mph, prior to displaying the national speed limit sign where there are currently major roadworks resulting in frequent stationary traffic.

Those responsible for this lazy (in)active traffic management should have their (still attached) fleshy dangly bits coated in peanut butter, prior to them being fed through a mangle into the waiting jaws of a particularly peckish, peanut butter loving Rottweiler. With sharp teeth.

?
I get the feeling you're not impressed with them.....:unsure::whistle: