Random Irritations

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
It's not an inference that an act of terror is the way forward; it's an opinion on the morals of the house & its occupants.
Now some may see that in a different light and think something else. Personally, I think its funny as hell.

And that is what we have with the other poster.....

Put him back on ignore. Or keep him visual and choose not to react.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Now some may see that in a different light and think something else. Personally, I think its funny as hell.

And that is what we have with the other poster.....

Put him back on ignore. Or keep him visual and choose not to react.

He never left ignore; I used the view ignored content function to make sense of two other posts. And much as I'm trying not to react that one just went too far. Sorry if my response offended anyone, but that particular post really offended me.

D

Deleted member 16999

Had it still been there to report, trust me I would have done it but it appeared to have been removed, albeit still visible as it had been quoted. No maybe I shouldn't have bitched, but as I've said, that one crossed a line and despite best efforts by using the ignore function, on this occasion I bit.
One of the offending and sick posts is still there and I have no issue with you showing your frustration and irritation, my issue is others jumping on the bandwagon and then insulting him, which makes them no better.

Some may not agree, but fragger has asked us to report comments rather than answering posts and possibly flaming the situation.

D

Deleted member 16999

I thought so but it’s a pretty minor thing and other posts are pretty innocuous.. or maybe I just let it pass me by
Not the time or place for it though. It’s a thread for people to show respect, his post is uncalled for and if it bothered him he could of posted it in a different thread, he’s intelligent enough to know he’d get a reaction.

D

Deleted member 25172

One of the offending and sick posts is still there and I have no issue with you showing your frustration and irritation, my issue is others jumping on the bandwagon and then insulting him, which makes them no better.

Some may not agree, but fragger has asked us to report comments rather than answering posts and possibly flaming the situation.

Oh please, spare me.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Not the time or place for it though. It’s a thread for people to show respect, his post is uncalled for and if it bothered him he could of posted it in a different thread, he’s intelligent enough to know he’d get a reaction.
Absolutely. @K's observation is just a view that I can agree or disagree with - even though in this case it may be based upon a mistaken understanding - but I know that as much as I might see a point as being valid, the context in which I make it is very important to how it is received.

D

Deleted member 16999

What’s probably more than a random irritation is the fact that posters who have no issue with each other get in to a debate or disagreement or break forum rules because of the horrible post they are united against.

D

Deleted member 25172

Why? You above forum rules are you?

Because it's not proportionate. Neither I or anyone else who has criticized and/or insulted him has made it a sport to see how far and long you can troll/flame a forum, and when someone finally reacts it goes to "well, it's just his opinion", prove us otherwise. It's like when you were a child and someone was waiving their hands right in front of your face claiming that the "air is free" until someone lost it and knocked the person out.

Of course I'm not above the forum rules. I'll take the infraction points for it, apologise, and admit that my emotions got the best of me this time.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you think people don’t believe they must hide their sexuality then ask yourself how many gay currently playing

Footballers
Rugby players
Golfers
Athletes
American Football players
Boxers

In fact 99% of the sports

The stigma is still there and that’s why people still hide until they retire

I was picking up on your use of the word must. I accept that most sports people choose to, however, the stigma they are sparing themselves from only exists in the bigoted minds of a minority.

D

Deleted member 16999

Because it's not proportionate. Neither I or anyone else who has criticized and/or insulted him has made it a sport to see how far and long you can troll/flame a forum, and when someone finally reacts it goes to "well, it's just his opinion", prove us otherwise. It's like when you were a child and someone was waiving their hands right in front of your face claiming that the "air is free" until someone lost it and knocked the person out.

Of course I'm not above the forum rules. I'll take the infraction points for it, apologise, and admit that my emotions got the best of me this time.
If we don’t keep reporting him, whether people like that or not, he will continue to post, losing our head because of him is letting him win.

He wouldn’t get away with it in a “real life” situation as people would walk or away and not be anywhere near him.

Sadly, MikeH has his rules and no matter how upset we get, we have to play by them and be the better person, trust me, I know from experience that is impossible at times.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 15344

I was picking up on your use of the word must. I accept that most sports people choose to, however, the stigma they are sparing themselves from only exists in the bigoted minds of a minority.

The choice of words was theirs - it was taken straight from their website explaining why they create the games and explaining the situation for the participants

I also do believe that the minority is not as small as people think and that’s why many still don’t want to reveal their true sexuality

But we digress and I hope the main point is that type of events are key to helping people and removing the hate and prejudice

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
UPS parcel finally on the move, delayed due to Brexit according to UPS. When they going to sort this out ?? They had 4 yrs to get this done. Not excepting any arguments about delaying agreements that is irrelevant this was a known outcome, it’s just incompetence and not creating a good working relationship.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
UPS parcel finally on the move, delayed due to Brexit according to UPS. When they going to sort this out ?? They had 4 yrs to get this done. Not excepting any arguments about delaying agreements that is irrelevant this was a known outcome, it’s just incompetence and not creating a good working relationship.
UPS have been a nightmare on any shipments we have used as a business. They’re so far behind it’s frightening