PGA Tour Dress code

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Well if you have a dress code allowing jeans and hoodies, someone could come in off the street not be a member and it would be hard to distinguish whether they were a member or not.
No I don't look down on clubs like this, though i wouldn't choose to be a member of one as i prefer clubs with different values

D

Deleted member 16999

Well if you have a dress code allowing jeans and hoodies, someone could come in off the street not be a member and it would be hard to distinguish whether they were a member or not.
No I don't look down on clubs like this, though i wouldn't choose to be a member of one as i prefer clubs with different values
Because no dodgy characters have ever worn chinos with a polo. :rolleyes:

Wolf

Visit site
Good for them, they'd be asked to take them off where I play. Yes fashions change, have you seen how much golf attire has changed the last 20 years. You cannot wear headgear in our clubhouse, you can't wear jeans either. Perfectly reasonable in my book, there is no reason to wear a hat indoors, nobody would want to play golf in jeans either as they are heavy and restrictive, a hood would flap about in a wind. If you are a private members club and members have no way of distinguishing if someone is a member or a visiting golfer with relative ease, I'm not sure that's a good thing in all honesty.
I've played golf in jeans no more restrictive than trousers at all nor are they any heavier not with modern clothing unless your buying them in a charity shop and they're circa 1970.

An actual golfing Hoody would be designed to be light weight for purpose and wouldn't flap.

Why do you need to distinguish between members and guests everyone should be treated the same and stick to the same dress code and etiquette.

Also seems a little elitist to look down on someone that could come off the street in such clothing, because all golfers look smart in golf clothing.. I've seen many a state that's accepted by golf clubs because they're in a polo and chinos, yet I've seen many smarter people in jeans and jumper in the street.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm sorry, but in the history of foolish writing this is coming quite near the top.
All I have to do to "infiltrate" your club is to wear a polo, chinos and shoes......then I'll blend in and can ransack the clubhouse at my leisure.....
And you'd never know until I'd made my escape with a selection of club ties and logo balls....
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I've played golf in jeans no more restrictive than trousers at all nor are they any heavier not with modern clothing unless your buying them in a charity shop and they're circa 1970.

An actual golfing Hoody would be designed to be light weight for purpose and wouldn't flap.

Why do you need to distinguish between members and guests everyone should be treated the same and stick to the same dress code and etiquette.

Also seems a little elitist to look down on someone that could come off the street in such clothing, because all golfers look smart in golf clothing.. I've seen many a state that's accepted by golf clubs because they're in a polo and chinos, yet I've seen many smarter people in jeans and jumper in the street.
Jeans don't dry very well from wet, golf trousers are dsigned to do exactly that. A hood would flap it's a hood, if it's windy it will flap and just generally be annoying.
Private members clubs don't really want visitors just coming in off the street who nobody knows, the whole point of a club is everyone or a large number of people know one another and can share a common interest. If that's the kind of dress codes you like you'd be aswell joining a public course where you can wear anything you like. I like the traditional feel of a golf club which is why I'm a member of a private members club

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm sorry, but in the history of foolish writing this is coming quite near the top.
All I have to do to "infiltrate" your club is to wear a polo, chinos and shoes......then I'll blend in and can ransack the clubhouse at my leisure.....
And you'd never know until I'd made my escape with a selection of club ties and logo balls....
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Less likely they go to the effort of dressing like a golfer than to just come in off the street for a pint or whatever

Wolf

Visit site
Jeans don't dry very well from wet, golf trousers are dsigned to do exactly that. A hood would flap it's a hood, if it's windy it will flap and just generally be annoying.
Private members clubs don't really want visitors just coming in off the street who nobody knows, the whole point of a club is everyone or a large number of people know one another and can share a common interest. If that's the kind of dress codes you like you'd be aswell joining a public course where you can wear anything you like. I like the traditional feel of a golf club which is why I'm a member of a private members club
Funny enough that's why I wear waterproof trousers in those condition stops the clothing underneath getting wet!

I understand how private members clubs work I belong to one, but thankfully they're more forward thinking when it comes to dress codes, and as for those off the street types you don't want some of those are your potential new members that will help keep your club afloat in future but you'd rather reject them than invite them in for a chat about the club because they may have the wrong clothing on..

When I joined my club I rocked up in gym clothing as I'd come straight from work just to see what the place was like, yes I wasn't in appropriate dress but instead of turning me away I had a really good chat with the pro and club captain who made me a stranger off the street feel welcome.

I've also been to meals at my place in a pair of dark jeans, with a jumper and smart pair of boots and looked a lot smarter than a lot of the people that just walked in off the course.
Also how many clubs realistically are in a place where you just walk in off the street for a pint. Most are in places you wouldn't just happen to walk past on the off chance.

Wolf

Visit site
I really don’t think that a club with more stringent dress code has more values than one who doesn’t do you??? Honestly???
I agree with you, dress code doesn't equate clubs or persons values to a higher level than one without.

I wear tracksuit bottoms and trainers to work 95% of the time and get paid by highly professional people to provide them a service but because they wear a suit does that mean they have better values than me, certainly doesn't at all it's all about the individual.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Funny enough that's why I wear waterproof trousers in those condition stops the clothing underneath getting wet!

I understand how private members clubs work I belong to one, but thankfully they're more forward thinking when it comes to dress codes, and as for those off the street types you don't want some of those are your potential new members that will help keep your club afloat in future but you'd rather reject them than invite them in for a chat about the club because they may have the wrong clothing on..

Whe I joined my club I rocked up in gym clothing as I'd come straight from work just to see what the place was like, yes I wasn't in appropriate dress but instead of turning me away I had a really good chat with the pro and club captain who made me a stranger off the street feel welcome.

Also how many clubs realistically are in a place where you just walk in off the street for a pint. Most are in places you wouldn't just happen to walk past on the off chance.
Mine is pretty much slap bang in the middle of an affluent suburb so easily accessible off a main road. Potential new members would most likely phone or email to arrange a time to meet someone etc. Thankfully our club don't need to actively seek members as it has a good name which means it's membership is always pretty full. Obviously our opinions of what a club should be are different and we'll have to agree to disagree, but if you turned up at my place in jeans or a hoody or trainers or gym gear you'd be asked why you were there and either to get changed, or leave. I'm happy with this the way it is and want to be playing somewhere where people are genuinely enthusiastic about golf and like to make the effort

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I agree with you, dress code doesn't equate clubs or persons values to a higher level than one without.

I wear tracksuit bottoms and trainers to work 95% of the time and get paid by highly professional people to provide them a service but because they wear a suit does that mean they have better values than me, certainly doesn't at all it's all about the individual.
Depends what values your on about, I was speaking of a golf club who holds traditional values as a club

Bxm Foxy

Visit site

Absolutely, not about values. I check the dress code of where I’m playing, and dress accordingly. Personally speaking, I do not like dress codes. Archaic, middle class and middle aged.

User20204

Visit site

Golf in jeans no more restrictive than trousers ? Have you actually worn a pair of modern day golf trousers by the likes of UA or Adidas, you hardly know you've got them on.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site

I get paid off people in suits to do a job and I wear combats and steel toe cap boots, what's your point

Wolf

Visit site
Mine is pretty much slap bang in the middle of an affluent suburb so easily accessible off a main road. Potential new members would most likely phone or email to arrange a time to meet someone etc. Thankfully our club don't need to actively seek members as it has a good name which means it's membership is always pretty full. Obviously our opinions of what a club should be are different and we'll have to agree to disagree, but if you turned up at my place in jeans or a hoody or trainers or gym gear you'd be asked why you were there and either to get changed, or leave. I'm happy with this the way it is and want to be playing somewhere where people are genuinely enthusiastic about golf and like to make the effort
I'm pleased for you then that your club doesn't need members.

I'd never be able come to your club after work to get change to play then as I wouldn't be allowed through the door.. Also what someone wears isn't what makes them enthusiastic

I get paid off people in suits to do a job and I wear combats and steel toe cap boots, what's your point
Are you being purposely pedantic now then you can't see the reference towards what someone wears or is told to wear has no bearing on values :cautious:

D

Deleted member 16999

That how people dress is relevant and they should be judged on who they are and how they behave not pre-judged on first sight.

Wolf

Visit site
Golf in jeans no more restrictive than trousers ? Have you actually worn a pair of modern day golf trousers by the likes of UA or Adidas, you hardly know you've got them on.
I've got both UA and Adidas trousers, I've also got jeans that are just as comfortable and can and have played golf in at a course fairly recently when I went away with work and wasn't expecting to play absolutely no issue with them at all.