PGA Tour Dress code

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm pleased for you then that your club doesn't need members.

I'd never be able come to your club after work to get change to play then as I wouldn't be allowed through the door.. Also what someone wears isn't what makes them enthusiastic

Are you being purposely pedantic now then you can't see the reference towards what someone wears or is told to wear has no bearing on values :cautious:
You could go in to the changing room through the side entrance, no problem, you would be advised not to be in the main areas of the clubhouse in such attire though.

Wolf

Visit site
That how people dress is relevant and they should be judged on who they are and how they behave not pre-judged on first sight.
Be careful understanding a point and being sensible seems to be frowned upon unless your sitting there tying that in your chinos.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
That how people dress is relevant and they should be judged on who they are and how they behave not pre-judged on first sight.
Well you would expect people of a certain profession or job to dress a certain way is pretty much it, I'd judge you if you were a car mechanic and turned up to fix my car in a suit

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
And yet if you walked in wearing a lime green Galvin Green polo with a pair of Loudmouth troos you'd be welcomed with open arms.....

D

Deleted member 16999

Be careful understanding a point and being sensible seems to be frowned upon unless your sitting there tying that in your chinos.
Amazing how people can think themselves better than others by simply putting a pair of trousers on! Thought society had moved on a bit!

User20204

Visit site
I've got both UA and Adidas trousers, I've also got jeans that are just as comfortable and can and have played golf in at a course fairly recently when I went away with work and wasn't expecting to play absolutely no issue with them at all.

They must be mighty fine jeans, couldn't imagine how uncomfortable playing in jeans would be, not only that, getting your hand in and out your pocket all day would be a real ball ache.

D

Deleted member 16999

Well you would expect people of a certain profession or job to dress a certain way is pretty much it, I'd judge you if you were a car mechanic and turned up to fix my car in a suit
Why? You just want your car repaired don’t you, why should bother you if I wear a suit. I’d agree it’s odd but I wouldn’t judge your ability.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Amazing how people can think themselves better than others by simply putting a pair of trousers on! Thought society had moved on a bit!
Nobody thinks there better, it's just having respect for the club, the game and other members. Also some people would rather feel like a golfer rather than play golf in tracksuit bottoms or jeans

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Why? You just want your car repaired don’t you, why should bother you if I wear a suit. I’d agree it’s odd but I wouldn’t judge your ability.
Ok your doctor is wearing an oily boiler suit, your not judging this guy ? Everybody is judgemental, it's human nature

D

Deleted member 16999

Nobody thinks there better, it's just having respect for the club, the game and other members. Also some people would rather feel like a golfer rather than play golf in tracksuit bottoms or jeans
You’re back tracking now, you said it was all about values, everybody on here has agreed they abide by dress codes, dress codes do not equate to ability or personality.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
You’re back tracking now, you said it was all about values, everybody on gere has agreed they abide by dress codes, dress codes do not equate to ability or personality.
How is that equating to ability I haven't questioned ability. Wearing these things isn't dress code where I play so I'd see it as disrespectful to the club if someone wore them

D

Deleted member 16999

How is that equating to ability I haven't questioned ability. Wearing these things isn't dress code where I play so I'd see it as disrespectful to the club if someone wore them
You said they’d be asked to change or leave or use the side entrance.
Tony Finau is in Scotland for the Open, rocks up at your place for a practise round, gets changed, walks to the Tee in the hoodie he wore on the PGA Tour, who tells him it’s not acceptable and what reason is given?