PGA Tour Dress code

Wolf

Visit site
Yes I do judge them, I don't see showing sleeved tattoos and wearing ripped jeans as being professional, so I'd ask for someone else as I didn't feel comfortable.
Playing golf yes it might make you feel like a golfer but playing golf in non golf clothes just makes you feel out of place IMO
So basically my point from earlier stands that you chose to pretend not to understand that what someone wears and how they look fundamentally is how you judge them not on their ability to do the tasks in hand. I actually do a lot of work with a heavily tattoed paediatric surgeon and I can guarantee I'd trust my kids with his skills regardless of his appearance because it's not what he looks like that matters but his ability to help sick children.

And playing golf in non golf clothes may make you feel out of place but not me or many others I'd be willing to bet.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
So basically my point from earlier stands that you chose to pretend not to understand that what someone wears and how they look fundamentally is how you judge them not on their ability to do the tasks in hand. I actually do a lot of work with a heavily tattoed paediatric surgeon and I can guarantee I'd trust my kids with his skills regardless of his appearance because it's not what he looks like that matters but his ability to help sick children.

And playing golf in non golf clothes may make you feel out of place but not me or many others I'd be willing to bet.
And do you think the majority of the public would feel comfortable with a dr showing multiple tattoos ? My guess is not, you know him personally so may be different but if you don't know somebody, appearances are important

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site

I used to play at a public track and most players wore golf specific clothing bar the obvious guy who had just rocked up for his once a year game. Probably because they felt better about it in golf clothes

Wolf

Visit site
And do you think the majority of the public would feel comfortable with a dr showing multiple tattoos ? My guess is not, you know him personally so may be different but if you don't know somebody, appearances are important
It wouldn't matter if I didn't know him he still best qualified for the job he does. The fact someone has bare skin, wears smarter clothes is irrelevant to their ability to save lives or do their job.

If you were admitted to A&E and a Dr with those tattoos was all you had to help you or a loved one either you change your mind quickly or you let your ridiculous judgemental attitude get in the way of vital health care.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think a golfer should be able to wear what he wants , but clubs have the right to set a dress code.
If you don’t like it play and spend your money somewhere else it’s lost revenue to them.
But why would you want to wear a hoodie to play golf.
I am 61 now and do wear hoodies when it’s cold when working etc.
But in nice weather why would anybody want to wear a hood.
It’s a fashion thing , I just don’t get it for golf

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
It wouldn't matter if I didn't know him he still best qualified for the job he does. The fact someone has bare skin, wears smarter clothes is irrelevant to their ability to save lives or do their job.

If you were admitted to A&E and a Dr with those tattoos was all you had to help you or a loved one either you change your mind quickly or you let your ridiculous judgemental attitude get in the way of vital health care.
I'd make the assumption they would be told as part of their job to conceal tattoos and also most Drs wouldn't have obvious tattoos for fear of limiting opportunities

User20204

Visit site

You're aware nurses aren't allowed to wear earrings ?

Wolf

Visit site
I'd make the assumption they would be told as part of their job to conceal tattoos and also most Drs wouldn't have obvious tattoos for fear of limiting opportunities
That's where you're wrong with making assumptions all NHS staff are told bare below the elbow for hygiene purposes so those tattoos get displayed.

Also much like the police force and armed forces as long as they're not offensive markings then they can have what they want.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
https://www.function18.com/catalogsearch/result/?o=Hoddie&q=hoodie

Puma , Adidas , Sunice Plus over golf tops with Hoods on

Rickie Fowler has worn a hoodie whilst playing in some PGA events
They will make anything that sells.
I really can’t see a problem with it if someone wants to wear one.
At my club you can’t wear any big advertisements on clothes ,ie Guinness or large Nike logo etc but not sure about hoodies.
They are just jumpers with a hood .

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Yes I do judge them, I don't see showing sleeved tattoos and wearing ripped jeans as being professional, so I'd ask for someone else as I didn't feel comfortable.
Are you really not even 30?! Judging by your posts, you're actually this bloke:

jacob-rees-mogg.jpg