PGA Tour Dress code

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Golf fashion over the years has been somewhat horrendous.. I remember my dad having this and many other Faldoesque Pringle Geometric george jumpers..
View attachment 26622
To be honest woosie could wear that on tour today and not look out of place. Nick had a deal with Pringle back in the day, some of the designs wernt great, all the same good quality knitwear

Wolf

Visit site
To be honest woosie could wear that on tour today and not look out of place. Nick had a deal with Pringle back in the day, some of the designs wernt great, all the same good quality knitwear
Woosie looks OK and kind of a timeless golf look.

Fully aware of Faldo sponsorship but shows no matter how good quality something is with golf clothing can still look horrendous

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am not keen on seeing pro golfers in shorts. Very few blokes look good in shorts. Yep, it is a sport, and looks don't matter, it's about performance. But it isn't. It's entertainment. Which is why JB needs to get a wriggle on.

I would not play golf in a hoodie. If I am unlikely to put it up, it is a pointless bit of flappy cloth.

Times do change though. We are now allowed shorts in the club house, and sandals too (without socks too!). Wow.

When I joined, shorts were allowed in the dining room at breakfast time, but you were not allowed to sit down. You could order, wait, and eat standing up, but no sitting. Brilliant rule. Truly bizarre. They should never have relaxed it.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Not quite what you answered first time when asked about judging others wearing them, totally understand your feelings on them.

Judging a lot of the time is based on your own previous experiences is it not?

Although to be fair I'm not really sure where you're wanting to go with this? seems pointless unless you're spoiling for an argument.

D

Deleted member 16999

Judging a lot of the time is based on your own previous experiences is it not?

Although to be fair I'm not really sure where you're wanting to go with this? seems pointless unless you're spoiling for an argument.
Get over yourself, You questioned my posts!

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
I am not keen on seeing pro golfers in shorts. Very few blokes look good in shorts. Yep, it is a sport, and looks don't matter, it's about performance. But it isn't. It's entertainment. Which is why JB needs to get a wriggle on.

I would not play golf in a hoodie. If I am unlikely to put it up, it is a pointless bit of flappy cloth.

Times do change though. We are now allowed shorts in the club house, and sandals too (without socks too!). Wow.

When I joined, shorts were allowed in the dining room at breakfast time, but you were not allowed to sit down. You could order, wait, and eat standing up, but no sitting. Brilliant rule. Truly bizarre. They should never have relaxed it.

These type of dresscode rules are the pits mind

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Absolutely another for shorts although not looking forward to hearing who's getting half a million a year to wear the latest and greatest in golf socks we all suddenly need to lower our hcaps🤔