PGA Tour Dress code

D

Deleted member 15344

Don’t you love dress code threads

I wonder what some clubs would do about Rickie Fowler - wears a Hawaiian Shirt in tucked , has worn a hoodie a number of times , high top shoes , cargo pants - all at PGA tour events. There is no doubt he will continue to wear clothes that most clubs wouldn’t allow. Hopefully most clubs will move forward and to allow any clothing that has been made for golf

TheJezster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Brilliant, another dress code thread!! We can all argue and not agree with each other and take the high and mighty "I'm right" approach etc

For my take I know it's only a matter of time before the whole thing falls on its head and is just completely abolished. It's 2019, there is no need for a dress code in this day and age.

Great that the PGA have loosened a little but frankly it has no impact on me as I dont play on tour.

Hoodies? hahahaha, its just an item of clothing, nothing more nothing less. I wouldnt look twice if someone wore one to play golf in, and nor should I, it's NONE OF MY BUSINESS what anyone else wears. In the clubhouse? Thats pretty much what I change into, a new polo, jeans and a zipped hooded top.

Too many people care too much about what others are doing or wearing. Get over yourselves, and just worry about yourself.

Happy golfing!

Bxm Foxy

Visit site
Brilliant, another dress code thread!! We can all argue and not agree with each other and take the high and mighty "I'm right" approach etc

For my take I know it's only a matter of time before the whole thing falls on its head and is just completely abolished. It's 2019, there is no need for a dress code in this day and age.

Great that the PGA have loosened a little but frankly it has no impact on me as I dont play on tour.

Hoodies? hahahaha, its just an item of clothing, nothing more nothing less. I wouldnt look twice if someone wore one to play golf in, and nor should I, it's NONE OF MY BUSINESS what anyone else wears. In the clubhouse? Thats pretty much what I change into, a new polo, jeans and a zipped hooded top.

Too many people care too much about what others are doing or wearing. Get over yourselves, and just worry about yourself.

Happy golfing!
What a top post!!! Happy golfing, yes that's what it's all about. The attitude of most golfers and golf courses has change for the better over the past 20 years, making it a more enjoyable and inclusive rather than exclusive sport. There are courses out there for everyone. Enjoy.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Happy golfing!

A witch, A witch. We've found a witch. May we burn her?

D

Deleted member 16999

Not sure I would "judge" someone but I do know that subconsciously I'd be thinking how restritive that looks to swing in.
How does material hanging down the back restrict your swing?o_O

9D877BF2-CC9C-4A83-957A-F97F695CA05C.jpeg

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't know the sock situation at my club as I don't actually wear shorts even in summer. I could find out though if you wish
I never wear shorts in the UK to many horsefly bites.
I hate them things.
Some of the new material for trousers is so light shorts are not nessesary .
But each to their own!

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Do you know what, I am not the slightest bit interested in what the Pros wear.
Much more interested in watching the types of shots they hit.

I think I may have been influenced by an all over yellow [inc shoes] outfit that Doug Sanders wore around the mid 1960's.
I thought anyone who dresses like that must be able to play, and he could.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Do you know what, I am not the slightest bit interested in what the Pros wear.
Much more interested in watching the types of shots they hit.

I think I may have been influenced by an all over yellow [inc shoes] outfit that Doug Sanders wore around the mid 1960's.
I thought anyone who dresses like that must be able to play, and he could.

I can see why Doon, not the yellow shoes but he is wearing yellow socks.
And what a jumper!

(Roll tops have been around for a long time)
doug-sanders-jack-nicklaus-56a3d2073df78cf7727f698e.jpg

D

Deleted member 16999

What I like and what I find restrictive is gonna be different from others. Been to the range wearing a hoodie, it's not for me.

Horrible 👍
Not quite what you answered first time when asked about judging others wearing them, totally understand your feelings on them.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Doug Sanders and Ken Brown were known for being the worst dressed golfers back in the day, I remember Doug more for the putt he missed at 18 in st.andrews to let Jack into a playoff

Wolf

Visit site
Golf fashion over the years has been somewhat horrendous.. I remember my dad having this and many other Faldoesque Pringle Geometric george jumpers..
Screenshot_20190219_185154.jpg