PGA Tour Dress code

Wolf

Visit site
They must be mighty fine jeans, couldn't imagine how uncomfortable playing in jeans would be, not only that, getting your hand in and out your pocket all day would be a real ball ache.
To be fair they are mighty comfy, not the cheapest to buy but the fit and movement is good designed by a company that does jeans for body builders and tested in gyms with people doing squats and Deadlifts etc so they can certainly stand up to golf.

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
You said they’d be asked to change or leave or use the side entrance.
Tony Finau is in Scotland for the Open, rocks up at your place for a practise round, gets changed, walks to the Tee in the hoodie he wore on the PGA Tour, who tells him it’s not acceptable and what reason is given?
It's not part of the dress code, who cares who he is. If he's not going to follow the clubs rules he wouldn't be welcome, I'd imagine he would have been told in advance what's an acceptable way to dress if he's known for wearing hoodies on course

D

Deleted member 16999

I'd judge his ability to do his job also as I'd be wondering if he was mentally sound
Quick story, my son was born premature and was in a SCBU for over 3 months, the Doctors would turn up at anytime day or night on their way in to work, going home or even out for an evening, saw staff dressed in Black Tie, lycra cycling gear, shorts and T’Shirt during that time, didn’t once asked them to put a uniform on to treat the babies, clothing was irrelevant to the job they needed to do at that moment.

D

Deleted member 16999

It's not part of the dress code, who cares who he is. If he's not going to follow the clubs rules he wouldn't be welcome, I'd imagine he would have been told in advance what's an acceptable way to dress if he's known for wearing hoodies on course
So your Dress Code specifically states No Hoodies?

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
To be fair they are mighty comfy, not the cheapest to buy but the fit and movement is good designed by a company that does jeans for body builders and tested in gyms with people doing squats and Deadlifts etc so they can certainly stand up to golf.
The fit and movement of golf clothes are designed for golf, so definitely best suited

Wolf

Visit site
Nobody thinks there better, it's just having respect for the club, the game and other members. Also some people would rather feel like a golfer rather than play golf in tracksuit bottoms or jeans
What I wear doesn't make me feel like a golfer, playing the game makes me feel like one.
Ok your doctor is wearing an oily boiler suit, your not judging this guy ? Everybody is judgemental, it's human nature
So out of interest same Dr rocks up ripped jeans, t shirt and both arms full sleeved with tattoos and one on the back of his neck to. Do you judge them based on their appearance.

D

Deleted member 16999

The fit and movement of golf clothes are designed for golf, so definitely best suited
Not everyone buys Golf specific clothing to play Golf and who decides if it’s Golf specific, Nike, Adidas sell Golf Hoodies, Nike brought out the blade collars!

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
What I wear doesn't make me feel like a golfer, playing the game makes me feel like one.

So out of interest same Dr rocks up ripped jeans, t shirt and both arms full sleeved with tattoos and one on the back of his neck to. Do you judge them based on their appearance.
Yes I do judge them, I don't see showing sleeved tattoos and wearing ripped jeans as being professional, so I'd ask for someone else as I didn't feel comfortable.
Playing golf yes it might make you feel like a golfer but playing golf in non golf clothes just makes you feel out of place IMO

Parsaregood

Head Pro
Visit site
Not everyone buys Golf specific clothing to play Golf and who decides if it’s Golf specific, Nike, Adidas sell Golf Hoodies, Nike brought out the blade collars!
Being golf specific would be clothing by recognised golf brands or clothing associated with golf. Both Nike and Adidas are obviously crossover brands and make clothing for just about every sport going

D

Deleted member 16999

Never seen a golf specific waterproof jacket with a hood
So everything in your Club has to be Golf Specific!
You crack on, I think you’re making some of this up to try and get out of the hole you’ve dug yourself in to.

glynntaylor

Head Pro
Visit site
What have I started....

And this IMO is why golf is in decline because of Golf Attire Snobbery!

I agree with jeans... but everything else cannot see why you couldn’t wear a hoodie. A) keeps me warm b) I “feel” smarter as round neck and v neck jumpers aren’t my style c) the pros are doing it on tour.. Now! No complaint from the PGA. Even the old school commentators mentioned it looked smart!

It’s about time the sport moved with the times...

BTW my daughter plays (she’s 7) and is wearing golf attire including hoodies and it’s never been mentioned to her.

We also eat in the clubhouse at weekends when not golfing in jeans! As long as your smart which We as a family always are... I see know issues with jeans.

Like I said welcome to 2019 get on the train and move along with everyone else cause it’s only going in one direction.

This has also confirmed why so many private clubs in our local area are pushing for members..... Beau being one!!

glynntaylor

Head Pro
Visit site
So everything in your Club has to be Golf Specific!
You crack on, I think you’re making some of this up to try and get out of the hole you’ve dug yourself in to.
Never seen a golf specific waterproof jacket with a hood

Look on the Nike website under golf section! Hooded waterproof top! Get with times dude!!