KENT TOUR 18/19/20 November

D

Deleted member 25172

Perhaps this could be of interest to someone?

Really good value I'd say considering that the comp will take place when they charge summer green fee's, which on weekends is £105 for the round only.

£80 for 36 holes, including coffee on arrival, soup and roll between rounds and a 2 course dinner along with the winners presentation. And it's on a bank holiday.

https://www.princesgolfclub.co.uk/play/open-competitions/35

I think I'm going to sign up for this one.

EDIT: If anyone else in or around London wants to sign up for this, then feel free to send a PM and we could go together.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Perhaps this could be of interest to someone?

Really good value I'd say considering that the comp will take place when they charge summer green fee's, which on weekends is £105 for the round only.

£80 for 36 holes, including coffee on arrival, soup and roll between rounds and a 2 course dinner along with the winners presentation. And it's on a bank holiday.

I think I'm going to sign up for this one.

EDIT: If anyone else in or around London wants to sign up for this, then feel free to send a PM and we could go together.

Interesting, need to check the diary...

D

Deleted member 25172

If you play this, let me know as I’m might come down for the day

I am playing this one as long as I can sort the logistics around it. Need to check when first tee is to see if it fits with the train times. Might have to go down a day earlier if it doesn’t match.

D

Deleted member 25172

Update on the comp!

I found that Prince's had an additional offer for this competition. For £50 extra, you get a practice round day before comp and a nights accommodation in the Lodges including breakfast.

So, all in all:

- 54 holes of golf (both competition rounds to be played on the Dunes and Himalayas)
- 1 night accommodation (twin)
- Light lunch on comp day
- 2 course dinner after comp
- Competition prizes

£130 per person, and this is taking place during a weekend so you won't have to take any annual leave.

Bare in mind, if you go there to play a casual round during the same weekend as the comp, that single round itself would set you back £105.

Talk about value. I've booked it now with a mate and hope to see a few forumers down there on the 5th and 6th May!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Update on the comp!

I found that Prince's had an additional offer for this competition. For £50 extra, you get a practice round day before comp and a nights accommodation in the Lodges including breakfast.

So, all in all:

- 54 holes of golf (both competition rounds to be played on the Dunes and Himalayas)
- 1 night accommodation (twin)
- Light lunch on comp day
- 2 course dinner after comp
- Competition prizes

£130 per person, and this is taking place during a weekend so you won't have to take any annual leave.

Bare in mind, if you go there to play a casual round during the same weekend as the comp, that single round itself would set you back £105.

Talk about value. I've booked it now with a mate and hope to see a few forumers down there on the 5th and 6th May!

i'm already entered into the event, but i think you've misread it. its £260pp not £260 per room.

D

Deleted member 25172

i'm already entered into the event, but i think you've misread it. its £260pp not £260 per room.

They have written it wrong on the page.

I called them up as the golf genius page said £260 for entire registration and not per person. They confirmed it's for 2 people, and I have subsequently registered and paid for both me and my partner to the total price of £260. :)

D

Deleted member 25172

oh yeah i've just gone onto the next page and seen. Oh well, not to worry, we're playing Cinque Ports on the sunday PM anyway.

You could've been worse off in other words then... :sneaky:

D

Deleted member 25172

Is there anyone else here on the forum that has signed up for the Open comp at Princes next Monday besides me and @MendieGK perhaps?

Me and my mate will come down Sunday to play a practice round and then staying at the lodges. Don't be a stranger if you're doing the same and you hear 2 guys at the bar speaking a weird language, it's just me and my mate speaking Swedish! :)

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is there anyone else here on the forum that has signed up for the Open comp at Princes next Monday besides me and @MendieGK perhaps?

Me and my mate will come down Sunday to play a practice round and then staying at the lodges. Don't be a stranger if you're doing the same and you hear 2 guys at the bar speaking a weird language, it's just me and my mate speaking Swedish! :)
We’re staying in Dover mate. Playing cinque ports Sunday

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site

How did you get on

D

Deleted member 25172

How did you get on

As you saw in the other thread - terrible! I’m 100% sure it said that the comp was gonna be played on Dunes/Himalayas so arriving on Sunday that’s where we had our warm up round. Shot an 87, which for me is a decent score so I came into the comp quite confident of playing to the best of my ability.

The 11 on the second par 5 on the Himalayas was obviously the worst in a day filled with bad shots. Other “highlights” was 5 of the tee on the 1st on Himalayas and a 2 shot penalty for putting my ball and hitting one of the other guys ball on the green...

I love the place though and can’t wait to get back. I found Himalayas in particular the hardest of the three 9s. Saw that you played well, so congratulations!

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
As you saw in the other thread - terrible! I’m 100% sure it said that the comp was gonna be played on Dunes/Himalayas so arriving on Sunday that’s where we had our warm up round. Shot an 87, which for me is a decent score so I came into the comp quite confident of playing to the best of my ability.

The 11 on the second par 5 on the Himalayas was obviously the worst in a day filled with bad shots. Other “highlights” was 5 of the tee on the 1st on Himalayas and a 2 shot penalty for putting my ball and hitting one of the other guys ball on the green...

I love the place though and can’t wait to get back. I found Himalayas in particular the hardest of the three 9s. Saw that you played well, so congratulations!
I knocked it on in 2 on the 2nd. 570 into wind. 2 of the best shots of my life