Olympics - Paris 2024

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
We won 14 golds.

8 of them involve sitting on something.
1 shooting a gun from a standing position.
1 triathlon
1 running
1 swimming
1 trampoline
1 climbing

Australia's 18 golds included only 7 sitting ones. So we beat them at those games.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Romanian now has a medal the whole world knows she got due to wrong scoring and 4 seconds delay?

From what I've read the appeal on the score given was upheld (so one assumes justified) but was launched 4 seconds outside of the 1 minute time limit.

If that's all true then I think the USA athlete has been pretty hard done by. Not least the abuse she's received on social media.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm already missing it and it's not even finished. Flick, flick, flick. Nothing I want to watch. So it's the women's basketball gold medal match. Not a sport I enjoy watching but it's close so quite enjoyable.

I've been pretty impressed by the French support for the games. The Parisians can be a bit "meh" about supporting but they've been great - the marathon support was amazing. Letting themselves down a bit here though - lots of booing at the freethrow line. So I'm rooting for the yanks!

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I'm already missing it and it's not even finished. Flick, flick, flick. Nothing I want to watch. So it's the women's basketball gold medal match. Not a sport I enjoy watching but it's close so quite enjoyable.

I've been pretty impressed by the French support for the games. The Parisians can be a bit "meh" about supporting but they've been great - the marathon support was amazing. Letting themselves down a bit here though - lots of booing at the freethrow line. So I'm rooting for the yanks!
Tbh that was pretty exciting!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ouch. That's gotta hurt!

So the Closing Ceremony. If it's anything like the Opening one I'll turn over this time!

Until we meet again in LA... :cry:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
From what I've read the appeal on the score given was upheld (so one assumes justified) but was launched 4 seconds outside of the 1 minute time limit.

If that's all true then I think the USA athlete has been pretty hard done by. Not least the abuse she's received on social media.
There has been some shocking reffing in the games.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't worry, the Paralympics is coming up soon. (y)

Yep. Early Sept I think. Bring it on!

I didn't get lucky in any tickets for the main games in 2012 but did get Paralympic tickets. Most humbling experience of my life.

Looks like the French took full advantage of home advantage - pretty much doubled their medal tally and most for 100 years...

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yep. Early Sept I think. Bring it on!

I didn't get lucky in any tickets for the main games in 2012 but did get Paralympic tickets. Most humbling experience of my life.

Looks like the French took full advantage of home advantage - pretty much doubled their medal tally and most for 100 years...

It starts in 17 days time!
I was lucky to get the four tickets I'd applied for and my wife was given a surprise freebie for some horse dancing, which she loves.
While I was there I saw the only para-athlete competing, one Oscar Pistorius ......................... he lost his heat!
I'd love to have gone to the paralympics, though.

D-S

Visit site
Firstly well done Paris, after all the issues with the Tokyo games they have firmly put the Olympics back at the pinnacle of world sporting events.

Secondly, and sadly more cynically, are drugs no longer a thing in sports? Is everyone now clean or are sports now outwitting the testers? Bar the spat between China and the US re swimmers, not a positive test or even rumblings. In fact the only positive drug test I’ve heard about recently is in LIV golf. Let’s hope the lack of news is the correct/optimistic use of the word positive