Olympics - Paris 2024

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
How to blow your chance of Bronze...deliberately ride into the other cyclist. How Carlin could claim that he didn't see the Dutch bloke is unfathomable....he was looking straight at him and steered straight into him. Having already got a yellow card earlier in the comp i cant see how he doesnt get disqualified.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
How to blow your chance of Bronze...deliberately ride into the other cyclist. How Carlin could claim that he didn't see the Dutch bloke is unfathomable....he was looking straight at him and steered straight into him. Having already got a yellow card earlier in the comp i cant see how he doesnt get disqualified.
Wow.....gets a reprieve and still has a chance of his bronze.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I think I can cycle the 750 faster than either of those 2.

Honestly, I dislike velodrome cycling, but sprint is the worst of the lot.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Carlin is a very lucky boy. Talk about a brain fart. Did he expect the Dutch rider to steer away from him?? Nice finishing race though...

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
KJT giving it a real go....

Don't think she could have done more than that. 800m PB. So Thiam set one too I guess.

I kept looking and looking at the end and there was zero interraction between the two. I wonder if there's some history or needle there as that's quite unusual, especially after the multi event comps.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
You haven’t been inspired to pop up at your local parkrun tomorrow morning?

The local park run coordinator lives two door away. She's always on at me to go. Funnily enough, it ALWAYS clashes with golf!🤣

I've never done any athletics. At school, if you were in the cricket team, that's all you did in the summer!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Found this...

UK Sport - the body responsible for distributing public money to Olympic sports and their athletes - set a target to win a minimum of 50 medals in Paris, which they reached on Day 12 on the Games, with an additional expectation set to finish in the top five in the medal table.