Olympics - Paris 2024

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I'd have more time for him if he said "I've got Covid, I gave it my best" rather than making such a show at the end so everyone knows he's a poorly boy. He would have felt rough as after warming up if it was that bad. I doubt it escalated to such extremes after he left the warm-up track. For me he made himself look a drama queen.
With all due respect Amanda,you’ve never had Man flu.
We get it ALOT worse than you 😜

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Just looked at the places in the women's golf, some surprises.
But was most surprised to see Leona Maguire well down, looked at her card and she had a 9 on the 18th, would appear she put 3 in the water, can anyone confirm?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
But was most surprised to see Leona Maguire well down, looked at her card and she had a 9 on the 18th, would appear she put 3 in the water, can anyone confirm?

Yup, 3 into the water (all from different lengths) 2nd 4th and 6th shots

1723183751869.png

https://www.igfgolf.org/olympic-games/2024/womens-scoring This site lets you see the live leader board and then drill down to every shot by all players

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Have I mentioned how much I love the Olympics?! By 7.30am I've already learnt something new - yellow cards in open water swimming. French guy given one - he must have been VERY naughty (don't think weeing in the "pool" counts)!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Have I mentioned how much I love the Olympics?! By 7.30am I've already learnt something new - yellow cards in open water swimming. French guy given one - he must have been VERY naughty (don't think weeing in the "pool" counts)!

good job its not for qui'ing, they'd all be sent off :p

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'd have more time for him if he said "I've got Covid, I gave it my best" rather than making such a show at the end so everyone knows he's a poorly boy. He would have felt rough as after warming up if it was that bad. I doubt it escalated to such extremes after he left the warm-up track. For me he made himself look a drama queen.
Not sure I agree totally. If he was feeling unwell and then put in the sheer effort to get the bronze it would definitely have an effect especially as runners tend to breathe minimally (so I learned from the sprinting at these olympics - think it was Michael Johnson who said it) so it would have potentially left his chest compromised.

Whichever way you sit on this there is no getting away that winning in a world record is some performance is some way to get the gold

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Apparently Dive Bombing into the water at the start isn't allowed, unbelievable 😂

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
We're all recalling the swimming pool sign then! Love it :)

Heavy Petting - ha ha ha. My friend and I used to go swimming to meet boys and have chips and batter bits on the way home.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am just loving Snoop Dogg at the Olympics, the man is a legend. The video of him in full equestrian gear dancing with a dressage horse is spot on. The bloke is just loving life, not even sure he knew he had a camera on him.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I am just loving Snoop Dogg at the Olympics, the man is a legend. The video of him in full equestrian gear dancing with a dressage horse is spot on. The bloke is just loving life, not even sure he knew he had a camera on him.

Don't forget the breaking is today!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Another quad bogey (8) for her today on 15th, more water trouble (twice this time) followed immediately by a treble !

D-S

Visit site
Olympic Breaking - it’s not for me in more ways than one. I fully concede that I’m not the target audience. Thankfully it won’t be in LA.
I like a lot of the newer sports, BMX is a great addition as is Kayak cross and kite surfing.
Breaking really just looks like a dance competition.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Olympic Breaking - it’s not for me in more ways than one. I fully concede that I’m not the target audience. Thankfully it won’t be in LA.
I like a lot of the newer sports, BMX is a great addition as is Kayak cross and kite surfing.
The kite surfing with the hydrofoil board looks fantastic fun, I would have loved to have tried that when I was younger!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site

Me either. I think I lasted a minute! It's the daft (for me) interraction between both dancers that turns me right off.