LIV Golf

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Pieters giving a forthright albeit laid back account of his reasons for joining LIV on the Foreplay pod. It’s quite a long watch, I get the impression that Riggs et al wanted to dislike him for no obvious reason, but just couldn’t.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
If this is proven its very bad news for the PGAT in the anti trust case.

If the intervention was as described done in person its hard to prove unless one of the networks testifys that it did happen.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pg...al&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=golfdigest

The problem is as you say, demonstrating the proof that this was the case. I’m sure there are so many cans of worms to open in this that it’ll take years for the lawyers to get to the bottom of it all.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The problem is as you say, demonstrating the proof that this was the case. I’m sure there are so many cans of worms to open in this that it’ll take years for the lawyers to get to the bottom of it all.

I wonder if the lawyers will get the same stick as the players for taking the Saudi money? ;)

The article says that no evidence was submitted to prove the allegations and if it was all done face to face (assuming that it did happen) then proving it could be difficult.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Is there anything public on what is in LIV contracts should they wish to cancel them. With it hanging by a thread and its survival very questionable, is it known if players get their sign up $ no matter, or they could be left high and dry with only their winnings up to that point ?

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I wonder if the lawyers will get the same stick as the players for taking the Saudi money? ;)

The article says that no evidence was submitted to prove the allegations and if it was all done face to face (assuming that it did happen) then proving it could be difficult.

Yep, if it happened, an exec at a TV company knows about it - if they come forwards and state it to be true, then it's a massive black mark against the PGAT's defence of the anti-trust case. But, it's a big 'If'

Be plenty of brown envelopes being offered behind the scenes I expect....

AddisonRoad

Visit site
Pieters giving a forthright albeit laid back account of his reasons for joining LIV on the Foreplay pod. It’s quite a long watch, I get the impression that Riggs et al wanted to dislike him for no obvious reason, but just couldn’t.

It's public knowledge that LIV players cannot legally speak ill of LIV, so I'm not sure why you put so much investment in an under-contract LIV player's statements about the tour.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Andy Ogletree making an appearance this week as a reserve - he's had some decent results since his one round last year, so it'll be interesting to see if he can keep pace with field a little better this time around.
Also, might give some indication of which guys are in form as they prep for The Masters the week after, quite a few of the big guns have struggled in the first couple of rounds, but I suspect they'll be hopeful they are finding some form ready for Augusta...

evemccc

Visit site
Andy Ogletree making an appearance this week as a reserve - he's had some decent results since his one round last year, so it'll be interesting to see if he can keep pace with field a little better this time around.
Also, might give some indication of which guys are in form as they prep for The Masters the week after, quite a few of the big guns have struggled in the first couple of rounds, but I suspect they'll be hopeful they are finding some form ready for Augusta...

I don’t much care for pro tour golf / non-major golf but I liked Ogletree when I heard his interview with Shipnuck on his podcast…

Felt he got slightly shafted somewhat and I hope he does well

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I don’t much care for pro tour golf / non-major golf but I liked Ogletree when I heard his interview with Shipnuck on his podcast…

Felt he got slightly shafted somewhat and I hope he does well

He's had a couple of useful wins on the International series, which I guess have earned him an invite back to LIV. While he was dropped from the a playing spot on LIV pretty quickly last year, I'm sure the money he received probably took a little bit of weight off his shoulders.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The standard is abysmal and it really does seem they have nothing at all in the pipeline as regards quality players. Despite all the furore last year LIV has been quite the dampest of damp squibs. At some point it must become cost effective to just pay off the signed players and close it down.

Last edited:

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
The standard is abysmal and it really does seem they have nothing at all in the pipeline as regards quality players. Despite all the furore last year LIV has been quite the dampest of damp squibs. At some point is must become cost effective to just pay off the signed players and close it down.

The standard of your posting is abysmal..

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
The statement from CBS (in US) receiving some air time, that they won't be applying any pettiness (i.e. excluding some players) during their Masters coverage.
Don't know if that is them doing what the Masters committee have told them, or a play against the Golf Channel who seemed quite widely criticised for 'erasing' some former winners from the Match Play graphic.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Everything about the Masters broadcast is controlled by Augusta. CBS is doing what it is told.
(which network is it that lost the rights because a commentator mentioned the value of the prize money, against Augusta's instructions?)