LIV Golf Invitational Ticket Prices

TheBionicGolfer

Visit site
I saw an article, in an email from Golf Monthly, talking about how the ticket prices for the upcoming LIV Golf Invitational we’re a “rip off”.

Now, I know that The 150th Open, this year at St Andrew’s, is not remotely in the same class as the LIV Invitational, however, (even though I was lucky enough to have succeeded in the ballot, and to be offered tickets for The 150th Open, I still thought that at around £550.00 for the week was quite a hefty sum to have to pay.

Yes, it’s been a long time since I last attended an Open Championship (which I believe was at Lytham in 2001), when I’m pretty sure that a week long pass was around the £100 mark. I know that inflation, and other cost of living elements, will have increased prices since, but even still it was quite a shock to find out how much it was going to be. Even more stressful was that, once you had been informed that you had been successful in the ballot, you had to pay the money for the tickets within quite a short time frame.

Regardless, I can’t wait for July. It will be fantastic, and even more so now that Tiger has confirmed his entry. I don’t think that people should be so quick to condemn prices for the LIV events without first comparing them to other large events being held in the same time period. And for reference, I am absolutely NOT in favour of the Saudi Tour either.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I scanned something earlier, may have been same and it had some twitter pics but they seemed to be comparing apples to oranges so I didn't really gain a sense of extent of problem etc.

No doubt someone will be along with some actual comparisons soon.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A day ticket is effectively £68. An equivalent ticket for the British Masters at The Belfry is £30. The BMW at Wentworth is £40.

I haven't tried to be clever with hospitality, 3 day passes etc. These are the standard ticket prices that most of us would buy.

They seem high in comparison. I thought they would have gone the other way in order to flood the course with spectators.

TheBionicGolfer

Visit site
A day ticket is effectively £68. An equivalent ticket for the British Masters at The Belfry is £30. The BMW at Wentworth is £40.

I haven't tried to be clever with hospitality, 3 day passes etc. These are the standard ticket prices that most of us would buy.

They seem high in comparison. I thought they would have gone the other way in order to flood the course with spectators.
I agree, it would have been a good idea to try and make the event more attractive by having day tickets around the £20 mark, especially now that Covid-19 restrictions have effectively been withdrawn.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

They have to find a way to get all that money together to pay such silly prize money for nobodies. I would rather go to the BMW as the DP tour flag ship event

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Does appear to be a miscalculation. Perhaps advised by those who keep putting up the green fees for the visitors from other climbs (the expensive = good gang).
Also a bit disappointed how many events ended up in the USA, possible opportunity missed.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
I don’t care what the price is, I simply shan’t support it.
My way of thinking is that you will be either contributing to the Saudis and condoning the event / series and / or contributing to the Westwood, Poulter et all ‘get richer fund’.
Incidentally, what is the benefit of the shotgun start in these events?

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
They have to find a way to get all that money together to pay such silly prize money for nobodies.
No they don't. They're funded by the PIF, which is basically a blank cheque. That's why they are such a massive threat to the PGA Tour.

I'm with Tyrion - they should be charging a tenner and just getting in as many people as possible. I still wouldn't go myself, but many who were on the fence would go if the ticket price was tempting enough. £68 is not tempting.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I was going to go again this year, but for £68 I will go to a different tournament I think 😂

I suppose my only reservation about the other tournaments is you don’t know who will be playing… that is the real up side of LIV as a ticket buying fan.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I thought it was free entry to try give the impression people were interested in it ? Maybe the only go free closer to time.

D

Deleted member 1147

I was going to go again this year, but for £68 I will go to a different tournament I think 😂

I suppose my only reservation about the other tournaments is you don’t know who will be playing… that is the real up side of LIV as a ticket buying fan.
Just wait until they start giving them away due to lack of people actually buying them.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
No one will buy them at that price. They'll be given away on social media by players, and probably end up with a lot of the online LIV warriors as a reward for their hard work.