LIV Golf

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site

I mean I guess it depends how you read the article.

Undoubtedly LIV have probably not shared full truths with some of the players they've signed... I didn't know this season was 14 events instead of 12 until a couple of weeks before the season started, the two additional events did seem to pop up out of nowhere.

Na's comments are pretty clear, there's a ton of money there still and they are earning plenty.

Team money going into team funds was discussed on here before the first event by Mel, so if we knew about it the players certainly would have too. They do get the money - they get what's left at the end of the season after all the teams expenses are taken. A team only needs to win 1 event over the season to be self sufficient. Every further win would just add to their pot to divide amongst the players at the season end.

Its clear they still want to sell off the teams to private companies at some stage, that'll be the making or breaking of LIV in my eyes!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I mean I guess it depends how you read the article.

Undoubtedly LIV have probably not shared full truths with some of the players they've signed... I didn't know this season was 14 events instead of 12 until a couple of weeks before the season started, the two additional events did seem to pop up out of nowhere.

Na's comments are pretty clear, there's a ton of money there still and they are earning plenty.

Team money going into team funds was discussed on here before the first event by Mel, so if we knew about it the players certainly would have too. They do get the money - they get what's left at the end of the season after all the teams expenses are taken. A team only needs to win 1 event over the season to be self sufficient. Every further win would just add to their pot to divide amongst the players at the season end.

Its clear they still want to sell off the teams to private companies at some stage, that'll be the making or breaking of LIV in my eyes!

NCG tend to be biased in their reporting of LIV, eg, there are 3 teams with sponsors on board, which was information confirmed by Shipnuck in the same interview - but that didn’t make their article. 👍

D

Deleted member 15344

NCG tend to be biased in their reporting of LIV, eg, there are 3 teams with sponsors on board, which was information confirmed by Shipnuck in the same interview - but that didn’t make their article. 👍

Which teams have sponsers ?

Can see Easypost which has also sponsered Reed ?

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Brysons a really interesting case.

Since moving to LIV, his highest finish is 10th... He's absolutely fallen off a cliff!

Probably depends on what he wants to do.... he finished runner up at the Long Drive which is impressive; I think his bomb & gouge philosophy is flawed for the professional golf but he won't want to admit it as it will probably work occasionally; suspect he's also spending less time on other aspects of his game.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Probably depends on what he wants to do.... he finished runner up at the Long Drive which is impressive; I think his bomb & gouge philosophy is flawed for the professional golf but he won't want to admit it as it will probably work occasionally; suspect he's also spending less time on other aspects of his game.

I think he's cutting back a bit on that as well.... Not really sure what his approach is anymore other than being awful.

I think its a shame too, I like Bryson for all of his flaws!

wjemather

Visit site
D

Deleted member 15344

Reported by Alan Shipnuck: "Three teams have already locked down corporate sponsorships deals, although the details have not yet been announced as the logos and messaging gets finalized. "
(Full story: https://firepitcollective.com/liv-golfs-growing-pains/)

That article doesn’t read very well for the future

A lot do reliance on maximum exposure for the players and liv comps

the lack of any real mainstream media deal is going to harm a lot of those plans

Teams been potentially in the red ?!

Who is going to spend 7 figures plus to buy a team when the exposure for those teams is very minimal and hard to see where the rewards come from ?

Big year ahead for them

Could all come tumbling down

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Sorry confused ? You said 3 teams have sponsers on board so how do you know if it’s not known yet

You posted the link that sourced the journalist who provided the information for the NCG article Phil, you clearly think it’s accurate as you keep on highlighting any negative slant you can from both that, and the fire pit collective article with regard to LIV. If that information is trusted, then you better trust the same journalist that is saying there are 3 team sponsors on board, because if you don’t, you undermine the basis of all your own arguments. 👍

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I read somewhere that only 7,000 TV viewers watched one day of a recent event.
Probably 50 x that watch Mrs Browns Boys.
Funny how there isn’t much talk about viewing figures from the LiV marketing department.

Nor is there much mention of the performance of their superstars who should all still be at the top of the world rankings apparently 🤷🏼‍♂️

D

Deleted member 15344

You posted the link that sourced the journalist who provided the information for the NCG article Phil, you clearly think it’s accurate as you keep on highlighting any negative slant you can from both that, and the fire pit collective article with regard to LIV. If that information is trusted, then you better trust the same journalist that is saying there are 3 team sponsors on board, because if you don’t, you undermine the basis of all your own arguments. 👍

Sorry but what 🤷‍♂️

You said there teams that have sponsers , I asked which ones and you said you didn’t know , so I asked how you know that teams have sponsers, someone else provided the article with the relevant information 🤷‍♂

It’s prob fair to suggest that if you provided the link when you made the statement it would have prob saved a bit of time 👍

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Sorry but what 🤷‍♂️

You said there teams that have sponsers , I asked which ones and you said you didn’t know , so I asked how you know that teams have sponsers, someone else provided the article with the relevant information 🤷‍♂

It’s prob fair to suggest that if you provided the link when you made the statement it would have prob saved a bit of time 👍

It probably just demonstrates how gullible people are to be fair.
Did you see Sergio’s response to the article from Couples you posted the other day?
He nailed it, and made Couples look like his comments were slightly unhinged….. but you probably won’t have seen much of it from the media feeds that you want to believe. ;-)

wjemather

Visit site
Funny how there isn’t much talk about viewing figures from the LiV marketing department.

Nor is there much mention of the performance of their superstars who should all still be at the top of the world rankings apparently 🤷🏼‍♂️
The LIV media dept certainly hasn't been silent, and their comments were widely reported after the first event, e.g. https://www.bunkered.co.uk/golf-news/liv-golf-reveals-viewing-figures-for-first-event-of-season/, https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2023/03/06/liv-golf-tour-ratings-tv-viewership-numbers/, etc.

D

Deleted member 15344

It probably just demonstrates how gullible people are to be fair.
Did you see Sergio’s response to the article from Couples you posted the other day?
He nailed it, and made Couples look like his comments were slightly unhinged….. but you probably won’t have seen much of it from the media feeds that you want to believe. ;-)

Nope no idea what Garcia said 🤷‍♂️

There will lots of articles all over the place

I guess it’s the same media feeds that had very limited news about an event that happened over the weekend - to the point that most didn’t even know it was happening

A lot of the LIV bots seemed to have gone as well - wonder if their funding has been removed 🤔

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Nope no idea what Garcia said 🤷‍♂️

There will lots of articles all over the place

I guess it’s the same media feeds that had very limited news about an event that happened over the weekend - to the point that most didn’t even know it was happening

A lot of the LIV bots seemed to have gone as well - wonder if their funding has been removed 🤔

The one I saw was actually a Golf Monthly article…..

Oh hang on a minute, let me link you up. :ROFLMAO:

https://www.golfmonthly.com/news/sergio-garcia-responds-to-fred-couples-clown-comment