LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 15344

And Mickelson is a team captain on LIV because of the events he has won. So where’s the issue?

It’s relegation with an asterisk- any player that is contracted won’t be relegated , half the players are on contracts and a number of them have struggled. Like people have said - they could be many people finishing above certain players within the top 24 that will be relegated to allow the contracted players to stay up .

There aren’t players missing out on Tour cards because Woods has tour membership for life etc.

at the end of the PGA/DP season etc if someone loses their card then they lose it - we have seen multiple players who have won majors etc lose their tour card. 99.9% of the players have to continue to earn their Tour card. For LiV i suspect it’s about 50% - it’s fine , they should at least confirm which players have to earn their right to stay and which have been paid to stay

evemccc

Visit site
It’s relegation with an asterisk- any player that is contracted won’t be relegated , half the players are on contracts and a number of them have struggled. Like people have said - they could be many people finishing above certain players within the top 24 that will be relegated to allow the contracted players to stay up .

There aren’t players missing out on Tour cards because Woods has tour membership for life etc.

at the end of the PGA/DP season etc if someone loses their card then they lose it - we have seen multiple players who have won majors etc lose their tour card. 99.9% of the players have to continue to earn their Tour card. For LiV i suspect it’s about 50% - it’s fine , they should at least confirm which players have to earn their right to stay and which have been paid to stay

And we’ve also seen numerous sponsor picks and exemptions to ‘name’ players who are and have been way off form…but they’re made because having for example Luke Donald and Rickie Fowler keeps the corporate sponsors happy…

And please explain the logic-gymnastics needed to explain the ‘make-it-up-as-you-go-along’ rules gifting to Hideki of millions of dollars that wasn’t coming to him otherwise

Corruption and cronyism are strong tars, but let’s not pretend the PGA Tour is a paragon of virtue

D

Deleted member 15344

And we’ve also seen numerous sponsor picks and exemptions to ‘name’ players who are and have been way off form…but they’re made because having for example Luke Donald and Rickie Fowler keeps the corporate sponsors happy…

And please explain the logic-gymnastics needed to explain the ‘make-it-up-as-you-go-along’ rules gifting to Hideki of millions of dollars that wasn’t coming to him otherwise

Corruption and cronyism are strong tars, but let’s not pretend the PGA Tour is a paragon of virtue

No one is pretending anything with the PGAT , as been stated many times people have been very critical of the PGAT.

I’m not sure why when someone highlights an issue they have with LIV the response 9/10 to be whatabout etc etc -

Just because the PGAT has issues doesn’t mean people can’t highlight the issues they see with the LIV Tour

Sponser invites for events have been happening for decades across all the tours - I’m not sure the correlation to relegation plans for LiV

And I have not a clue what Matsuyama has to do with the relegation plans within LIV

Swango1980

Visit site
It's functionally not much different to what happens all the time on other tours with exemption categories for lifetime earnings, etc. having higher priority than the previous season points list.
Well, it's a good job for Phil that the bulk of his LIV earnings came in the form of a whopping fat contract.

Swango1980

Visit site
You mean the same man who won a Major in 2021?

2014…what?!
Yeah, that guy. The same one who has had a 62nd and 3 missed cuts in the 4 Majors he has played since. And in the 4 years previous a best position of 18th.

Mind you, he has managed an unbelievable 8th place in one of the LIV events he played. So, it is clear he is still truly one of the very best in the world. :)

D

Deleted member 15344

“I don’t have a problem with LIV,” said Couples, as reported by the Orange County Register. “What my problem has been when I tweet every now and then, is what these guys say when they go to the LIV Tour.

“Just go to the LIV Tour, but stop blasting something I’ve been a part of for 42 years. That’s my problem. They’re all bashing the PGA Tour, and that affects me a little bit.

“If you’re giving Phil Mickelson $200 million at age 52 to shoot 74 and 75, God bless you.”
😂😂

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
First playoffs in LIV history, Danny Lee walks away with the win.

Was a pretty decent event but the lower scoring tailed off on the last day a bit overall.

Again enjoying being able to quickly dip in and out when I feel like it on the app. Not sure if that’ll continue long term but it’s quite good in my opinion!

Bryson with yet another miserable showing, funny as he was one of the big money signings 😂. Not sure he’s really at it atm. Will be entertainingly terrible at the upcoming masters if he doesn’t step it up soon.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

Was a pretty decent event but the lower scoring tailed off on the last day a bit overall.

Again enjoying being able to quickly dip in and out when I feel like it on the app. Not sure if that’ll continue long term but it’s quite good in my opinion!

Bryson with yet another miserable showing, funny as he was one of the big money signings 😂. Not sure he’s really at it atm. Will be entertainingly terrible at the upcoming masters if he doesn’t step it up soon.

Pretty sure DJ won on a play off in Boston last year ;-)

Watched a fair bit of it, had time to watch a solid 2 hours on Friday and for day one, it felt like there was plenty of interesting content with the live action being interspersed with a few pre-recorded player interviews.

Think Danny Lee took everybody by surprise when he knocked that putt in to take the win - and there was a lot of jostling for podium positions both for the players and the teams - 4 aces were nowhere near at one point and took second, Phil's Hi Flyers were challenging for the win pretty much all weekend and tailed off to finish 6th.

It'll be interesting to see how a few of the guys get on at The Masters, as some of them aren't showing much form in the first couple of LIV events. I might be tempted to put a few quid on Sergio for a decent showing at Augusta though - he might be looking to prove a point and is playing some decent golf..

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
[QUOTE="Mel Smooth, post: 2613862, member: 23144"]Pretty sure DJ won on a play off in Boston last year ;-)

Watched a fair bit of it, had time to watch a solid 2 hours on Friday and for day one, it felt like there was plenty of interesting content with the live action being interspersed with a few pre-recorded player interviews.

Think Danny Lee took everybody by surprise when he knocked that putt in to take the win - and there was a lot of jostling for podium positions both for the players and the teams - 4 aces were nowhere near at one point and took second, Phil's Hi Flyers were challenging for the win pretty much all weekend and tailed off to finish 6th.

It'll be interesting to see how a few of the guys get on at The Masters, as some of them aren't showing much form in the first couple of LIV events. I might be tempted to put a few quid on Sergio for a decent showing at Augusta though - he might be looking to prove a point and is playing some decent golf..[/QUOTE]

Forgot about that :ROFLMAO:

Team aspect is really picking up/ being pushed this year, I actually really like that :ROFLMAO:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I've not seen any of it. That's not a dig at LIV, I'm offshore and had no access to the coverage. But one thing I have noticed is that social media has seemed to be a lot quieter. Last year I was seeing loads of posts about LIV on Twitter and Facebook but for the most recent event I've hardly seen any. Has anyone else noticed this or has something changed on my feeds?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I've not seen any of it. That's not a dig at LIV, I'm offshore and had no access to the coverage. But one thing I have noticed is that social media has seemed to be a lot quieter. Last year I was seeing loads of posts about LIV on Twitter and Facebook but for the most recent event I've hardly seen any. Has anyone else noticed this or has something changed on my feeds?

There's plenty on my feeds but I do follow a few of the teams and LIV golf on twitter and a lot of the posts come from them.

There's certainly less media outlets reporting on it though I feel!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There's plenty on my feeds but I do follow a few of the teams and LIV golf on twitter and a lot of the posts come from them.

There's certainly less media outlets reporting on it though I feel!

I follow a few of the players but not the teams or LIV golf itself but on the "For You" feed on Twitter there seems to be a lot less chat about it.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I follow a few of the players but not the teams or LIV golf itself but on the "For You" feed on Twitter there seems to be a lot less chat about it.

There probably is to be honest! As I said, really not many articles from the main golf journalists which would lead to talk on twitter etc.

Certainly lost the "buzz" from being a new tournament and now needs to establish itself as relevant!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

The teams are now responsible for their own Social media, so there will be less coming directly from LIV - if you follow a few of the teams accounts, there’s still plenty of output.

D

Deleted member 15344

The initial buzz about it all has died down now, it’s just a regular golf event now and most aren’t really bothered by it

Social media feeds are very quiet about it , didn’t even realise there was an event until saw a post last night.

It was new and shiny and exciting for some - now it will be just a bit boring like all the other non major events.

still think it will last 3 years and just stop

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I'll be honest I didn't even realise there was a tournament this weekend just gone. It certainly didn't feel as pushed as the other tournaments to date. I must have notifications turned off for the app as well as I would have thought that would try and notify me that play was starting etc.

Having said that I didn't watch much of the pga tour either.