LIV Golf

Visit site
Re the bold bit....
Did any - apart from Patrick Reed - wear LIV kit at The Open? Or The Scottish Open? I know they were allowed to at the US Open. Poulter wasn't wearing LIV kit the shots I saw of him at The Scottish Open.

Honestly I have no idea. I recall seeing lots of the team branded hats etc in a lot of the LIV player’s social media accounts.

Poults has the ‘Majesticks’ stuff on his sweatshirt in this clip, which if I remember rightly is one of the horrid team names?

RRidges

Visit site

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Tricky for DP World, 4 of the top 10 ranked players in the field have LIV links. So they'll be boosting the strength of field rating which will likely benefit others.
Guess we'll find out eventually if they do want them banned, or if it was posturing for Jay's benefit. The fines (paid by LIV) may be of more benefit to the tour perhaps.

RRidges

Visit site
Tricky for DP World, 4 of the top 10 ranked players in the field have LIV links. So they'll be boosting the strength of field rating which will likely benefit others.
Guess we'll find out eventually if they do want them banned, or if it was posturing for Jay's benefit. The fines (paid by LIV) may be of more benefit to the tour perhaps.
My understanding, admittedly implication from news reports, was that the 'injunction' was only for The Scottish Open. Is there any documentation of the actual request and ruling? I did see it was a ruling from the Sports Resolution portion of the International Dispute Resolution Centre though.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The Scottish was a co-sanctioed event with the PGA..50:50 split on entries or similar.
Czech Masters is solely a DPWT event and, as LIV players haven't been banned by DPWT, they can play it....
One does wonder if the merest thought would even contemplate the possibility of entering IJP's head about playing this tournament had LIV not been around...
One suspects not.
And it would be quite amusing if, as the sole purpose of playing this week is to gain WR points, he doesn't.....

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The Scottish was a co-sanctioed event with the PGA..50:50 split on entries or similar.
Czech Masters is solely a DPWT event and, as LIV players haven't been banned by DPWT, they can play it....
One does wonder if the merest thought would even contemplate the possibility of entering IJP's head about playing this tournament had LIV not been around...
One suspects not.
And it would be quite amusing if, as the sole purpose of playing this week is to gain WR points, he doesn't.....

Like Reed playing in Asia. He went down a few places ?

RRidges

Visit site
Good old US legal system!
Loads of delays in the UK (and Aus for that matter) court systems too! The Wagatha Christie case took several years to get to court. And the Giggs case seems to have taken a long time to get there.
FWIW, the entire case might be redundant by 2024.