LIV Golf

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
One of my mates out in Spain (a Manc) had the Seve image of him winning the Open tatooed on his arm.

Im not sure there are too many folk out there with a Nick Faldo tatoo 😂👍

I’m not really a tattoo kind of fella. If I was, I draw the line at having a tattoo of anyone wearing a Pringle sweater and sporting a crap haircut.

Singlefiguregokfer

Visit site
I love watching good golf.
As such I prefer to watch the best golf. Bryson has been playing the best golf this week, so I’m enjoying watching him.
I don’t want to watch bad golf, played by characters.
I watched a lot of poor play from Seve. As well as the unbelievable. The 95 Ryder Cup he was really poor, but used his recovery skills to make it a reasonably close match in the singles.
I’d rather see the guys playing at their best. Scheffler, Woods, Faldo, Nicklaus etc
Just my personal view.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
So legacy isn’t just about major wins?
No. It's clearly partly about major wins, it's also about the impact you have on golf. Seve had a huge impact on European golf, above just winning tournaments. The Americans may not feel the same about him, that's fine. There are American golfers that are just another golfer for us but are a big deal to them 🤷‍♂️

The number of major wins to create a legacy is also an arbitrary figure. Should it be, 5, 6, 7? The nameless person you quoted stated 6. I would suggest 5 elevates a player but that is just opinion, others are out there.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Yesterday was huge for LIV. Everyone seems to have done a 180 on BDC and he is now quite popular - he is exactly who LIV would want to win a major. His goofy celebration and then letting the crowd touch the trophy will get even more people on his side - he has reinvented himself as a man of the people.

Over the next few months, he'll softly talk up how the PGAT and LIV can co-exist, and his many fans will lap it up.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Seve is a golfing legend because he is the father of the modern game in Europe. When John Jacobs (another legend in my opinion) created the Tour, he needed someone with great charisma and skill. Everything about Seve, even the slightly less savoury bits like his mercurial temper, shouted 'golf is a wonderful game, watch this'. Everyone who has come along afterwards is in his debt.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Seve is a golfing legend because he is the father of the modern game in Europe. When John Jacobs (another legend in my opinion) created the Tour, he needed someone with great charisma and skill. Everything about Seve, even the slightly less savoury bits like his mercurial temper, shouted 'golf is a wonderful game, watch this'. Everyone who has come along afterwards is in his debt.
Totally agree. Also did so much to reinvigorate the Ryder Cup

Disagree with other remarks about this being huge for LIV. It is still a divisive side show imo but what Bryson's win, alongside his reinvented persona does do is make golf seem fun which for the greater good irrespective of tours etc has to be a good thing. Golfers will be remebered for their majors first and foremost not what tour they are on