LIV Golf

Fore Right

Visit site
Liv Golf suddenly realising their most important signing was Bryson Dechambeau...... #Entertainer

Scottie is the best player in the world but dull as dishwater when it comes to charisma....

TV companies want entertainment/characters and are lapping up his content on the screen also the majors are absolutely loving having BDC doing his thing..

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Liv Golf suddenly realising their most important signing was Bryson Dechambeau...... #Entertainer

Scottie is the best player in the world but dull as dishwater when it comes to charisma....

TV companies want entertainment/characters and are lapping up his content on the screen also the majors are absolutely loving having BDC doing his thing..
He is very much on a PR drive right now but canā€™t to be careful when it comes to balance to not go overboard and make it look staged

Tv companies wonā€™t be dishing out contracts based on it though

Singlefiguregokfer

Visit site
I donā€™t get all the charisma stuff with golf. Itā€™s essentially a boring game about getting a ball around a course in the fewest shots.
I donā€™t care who shows emotion, I only care about watching good golf.
Bryson is playing good golf so I am enjoying watching him. Sheffler has been playing the best golf this year so heā€™s been best to watch.
Mickleson is seen as a ā€œgreat entertainerā€ on the course, but if heā€™s shooting high scores I donā€™t want to see any of it.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
He is very much on a PR drive right now but canā€™t to be careful when it comes to balance to not go overboard and make it look staged

Tv companies wonā€™t be dishing out contracts based on it though
Itā€™s straight from the Phil Mickleson school of PR. Maybe itā€™s not, but it feels a bit contrived.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I think LiV drives its players to be more extroverted as they are pretty much a travelling circus. They need to get eyes on them and additional interviews/social media/antics will grab the eyeballs of the younger generation.

I did enjoy Bryson sitting along the 15th having an interview while play was going on. He came across very well.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I think LiV drives its players to be more extroverted as they are pretty much a travelling circus. They need to get eyes on them and additional interviews/social media/antics will grab the eyeballs of the younger generation.

I did enjoy Bryson sitting along the 15th having an interview while play was going on. He came across very well.
There were some great insights there. Until the nonsense about naming his clubs.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Apologies for posting a link to something that had swearing, and putting a warning with it too. I hope no one is too upset, but let me know if you are and I will happily pay for your counselling.

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
I donā€™t get all the charisma stuff with golf. Itā€™s essentially a boring game about getting a ball around a course in the fewest shots.
I donā€™t care who shows emotion, I only care about watching good golf.
Bryson is playing good golf so I am enjoying watching him. Sheffler has been playing the best golf this year so heā€™s been best to watch.
Mickleson is seen as a ā€œgreat entertainerā€ on the course, but if heā€™s shooting high scores I donā€™t want to see any of it.
The most popular European golfer of all time must be Seve, yet Faldo won more majors and overall, was probably the better golfer.

I think how people play and how they act does a play a big part.

Snooker is another example of this - Hendry was a better player than Jimmy White, but everyone other than Hendry's parents preferred Jimmy. Same with Steve Davis and Alex Higgins.

Singlefiguregokfer

Visit site
The most popular European golfer of all time must be Seve, yet Faldo won more majors and overall, was probably the better golfer.

Snooker is another example of this - Hendry was a better player than Jimmy White, but everyone other than Hendry's parents preferred Jimmy. Same with Steve Davis and Alex Higgins.
Iā€™d take the winner over than the ā€œentertainerā€

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Ask a Spanish golfer who Faldo is and most wouldnā€™t have a clue. Ask them who Seve is/was and some will even do the fist pump.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Ask a Spanish golfer who Faldo is and most wouldnā€™t have a clue. Ask them who Seve is/was and some will even do the fist pump.

Yeah, Seve quite rightfully has a much stronger legacy than Faldo..

Yoo can often sense his presence when you are playing one of his courses over there in Spain. šŸ‘