LIV Golf

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Yes I know.
But in the early days when Pelly was around eligibility didn't seem to count for much.

Isn't the situation that if they remain members of the DPWT, and pay their fines they remain eligible for DPWT sanctioned events - that includes the Ryder Cup.

With any PIF/PGAT appearing to be breaking down, there still remains some huge opportunities for the DPWT.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Yes I know.
But in the early days when Pelly was around eligibility didn't seem to count for much.

The category has always been there and tbh not sure what Pelly has to do with it

The European players - some gave up their membership , some stayed members and will pay fines to allow them to play in DP events and Ryder Cup

Hence why Rahm etc haven’t given up their membership and why some players who have played on LIV have also come back to play on DP

Pieters gave up his membership but still able to play in his home open

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site

Why are they doing their team championship in the US , why not in Europe or in Aus ?

The US is the biggest market in golf but it’s one that’s already dominated by PGAT

It’s one of the main issues LIV has to make their tour sustainable

Old news Phil... ;)

The courses that will be revisited again are Valderamma, Adelaide, Singapore, Greenbrier - and Miami - which is next up - it was the team championship event last year - I believe that will be in Dallas this year although it's not been announced yet.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
As for the reason why it's in the US, who knows for sure, but this has been in the pipeline for some time - so it's not a time-pressured reaction to finding a course.

Maybe they way they see it going forward is the defending team champions get to host the finals - and as Crushers GC are the current champions and Bryson is very much a Dallas guy - that would make sense.
Hopefully that is the case, as the series evolves into each team having a home course - it would definitely add some local interest to have the holding team playing infront of their 'home fans'

Fore Right

Visit site
I think you will see Liv really lean into Bryson now as he has become their most marketable asset with his increased popularity...