LIV Golf

D

Deleted member 21445

shows how poor the product still is.

Your Opinion 👆

I enjoy watching it as much as the PGAT, just treat them as different viewing experiences.

Still is ?
It's in its embryonic state, needs time to have a chance to grow.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
My mate asked a funny question today. He wondered if Rahm was the player who had to go to the toilet about 8 times per round. He'd heard that the PGAT has limited toilet facilities for players, and rumour was Rahm went to LIV for that reason.

That would be hilarious, if they were all going to LIV for the toilets, and all the PGAT needed to do was bring in more Portaloos

Keep up..;-)

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
My mate asked a funny question today. He wondered if Rahm was the player who had to go to the toilet about 8 times per round. He'd heard that the PGAT has limited toilet facilities for players, and rumour was Rahm went to LIV for that reason.

That would be hilarious, if they were all going to LIV for the toilets, and all the PGAT needed to do was bring in more Portaloos
He went to LiV as the shotgun start takes away the luck of which side of the draw he gets.

It’s a miracle that the weather during LiV events stays the same for the whole round to make it fair for everyone.

D

Deleted member 21445

It's getting embarrassing for DPWT. Oosthuizen clear favourite to win again this week.

Im rooting for Canter after his nightmare last week.

Showing some character to come straight back after such a blow as manner of that playoff defeat.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
To be fair that’s your opinion, nothing more.
Im pretty sure if you go to Australia they love the product.
Im pretty sure if you consider that more deeply you will find that they dont. They have nothing to compare it to. Where the PGAT or DP were alternatives, LIV was shunned and avoided. And even Australia is a misleading stretch. You mean Adelaide (even they dont claim to be all of Australia). Adelaidians are no different to people elsewhere who know LIV is a farce as a serious sporting event. But when its the only game in town, they were starving for any morsel offered. Beggars cant be choosers. They didnt choose 'the product'. The product chose them. So quite a misrepresentation to suggests Australians love LIV.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
LiV is the mechanism the PIF are using to get a seat at the table of a major US sport. It’s a means to get into US business without having to buy shares on the quiet.

How ever anyone tries to spin the ‘positives’ of LiV. All they have is more money than everyone else, it’s the only reason any of the players are there. Considering how much they have spent to date, still having to spend half a bill on one new player shows how poor the product still is.
But clearly not enough money :
1- they didnt attract enough quality players to make LIV a credible top level tour
2- despite whatever money was on offer, it is a stark indictment of the resistance to LIV and every thing it represents, sporting and beyond, that so few top level golfers joined them. And that astronomical money was required for them to overcome what must be very strong qualms.

AussieKB

Visit site
Im pretty sure if you consider that more deeply you will find that they dont. They have nothing to compare it to. Where the PGAT or DP were alternatives, LIV was shunned and avoided. And even Australia is a misleading stretch. You mean Adelaide (even they dont claim to be all of Australia). Adelaidians are no different to people elsewhere who know LIV is a farce as a serious sporting event. But when its the only game in town, they were starving for any morsel offered. Beggars cant be choosers. They didnt choose 'the product'. The product chose them. So quite a misrepresentation to suggests Australians love LIV.
I live in OZ and as yet have not met one golfer here who does not like LIV.....
and I travel extensively.....

In March I went from Perth to Melbourne via Adelaide, then up to Sydney and Newcastle and back to Perth all via road,
traveled over 10,000 kms, playing golf along the way, did not meet one person upset by LIV.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site

In March I went from Perth to Melbourne via Adelaide, then up to Sydney and Newcastle and back to Perth all via road,
traveled over 10,000 kms, playing golf along the way, did not meet one person upset by LIV.
Any view on why the Aussies that you have met are out of step with the rest of the world ?
It has been rejected everywhere else. As posted earlier, they almost can't give it away. Whether to spectators at the events, TV networks, viewers even when making it free to net, sports journalism reporting actual play, let alone sponsors or commercial interests beyond what the PIF pumps into it, or players who clearly have big issues with it, and only those who are bought off with huge sums, overcome their objections and defect. What is different about Aussies ?

AussieKB

Visit site
We have been starved of seeing top golfers for years, our own and overseas stars as well, all caused by PGAT creating the wrap around tour in my opinion, so the first chance we get to see these guys in action, people jumped at the chance.

Adelaide again is set to be sold out, I was going to go, but will be in England instead, two day drive for me as well, have talked to friends from my club and others and they said this years event was great.

D

Deleted member 21445

Louis Oosthuzen introduced on the 1st tee at DPWT events as playing out of Stinger Golf Club :unsure:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any view on why the Aussies that you have met are out of step with the rest of the world ?
It has been rejected everywhere else.
In your mind. You have a blind hatred of LIV and believe the rest of the world agrees with you. As with most things in life, it isn't as clear cut as that.

You'll note, although clearly not, that people on here are already looking forward to going to the JCB club next season to watch the event there. Maybe take a break from the anger 🤷‍♂️

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Im rooting for Canter after his nightmare last week.

Showing some character to come straight back after such a blow as manner of that playoff defeat.

Wonder if he's got the spot of travelling reserve again on LIV next year - he deserves it, if not arguably deserving a full spot in a team.
A good result today would back that up.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
In your mind. You have a blind hatred of LIV and believe the rest of the world agrees with you. As with most things in life, it isn't as clear cut as that.

You'll note, although clearly not, that people on here are already looking forward to going to the JCB club next season to watch the event there. Maybe take a break from the anger 🤷‍♂️

Ping must hate it as well - they're rumoured to be the next major brand to get onboard. (y)

Backsticks has been on ignore in the settings for many, many months for me - clearly wants a reaction rather than a discussion.

Last edited:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Leaving LIV completely out of this but that's one hell of a car trip. John O Groats to Lands End is 970km in a straight line or 1350km by road. You've driven the equivalent of the length of the UK eight times in a single month. Australia is a big place.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Leaving LIV completely out of this but that's one hell of a car trip. John O Groats to Lands End is 970km in a straight line or 1350km by road. You've driven the equivalent of the length of the UK eight times in a single month. Australia is a big place.

Once drove from Melbourne to Sydney in the day - and it took all day - not an insignificant journey..

Then you look at the size of the country in comparison - it really is a huge expanse of land.

D

Deleted member 21445

Why is that a nightmare for the DPWT?

How strong is the field this week?

For me James it's impressive because the Liv Golfers make up such a tiny percentage of the fields yet are featuring so prominently..